aaa recording multiple midi tracks - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: recording multiple midi tracks

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Feb-04  @  05:18 PM   -   recording multiple midi tracks- how??

the land of sensation

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i recently bought a yamaha RM1X which works quite well with logic. however, i want to be able to record multiple midi tracks from the rm1x into logic so that i can capture a 'live' performance.
the problem is logic seems to record from all 16 inputs on each track so i get 16 tracks of the same 'everything the rm1x is playing' midi information. i know that ive set the rm1x up correctly. what i need to do is set an input channel for each track but logic only seems to be able to set the output channel.
i'm not sure if this has made much sense but im sure there must be a solution - it seems silly that on such an advanced program you cant set the midi input channel - mind you i have the same problem with cubase.
im using logic 5.5 on pc

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             25-Feb-04  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: recording multiple midi tracks

k

wouldnt you put the track to midi channel = ALL

then after recording do a DE-MIX or whatever it's called function to split the resulting recorded midi part into individual channels

??

Message 3/4             25-Feb-04  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: recording multiple midi tracks

milan

Link?: Link

yeah... arm one midi track for recording (i think it doesnt even matter which channel its set to), then after recording look for "demix by channel" option somewhere in the menus. that'll create additional tracks and split midi data across them. nice and simple.

Message 4/4             28-Feb-04  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: recording multiple midi tracks

the land of sensation

yeah i'll try that, thanks

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)