aaa Auto tune plug-ins. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Auto tune plug-ins.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Mar-04  @  09:53 PM   -   Auto tune plug-ins.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know anything about a plug-in called 'Antares autotune'? I got it today and it makes your voice sound like Chers in that poor song she did. The pdf file was unhelpful (to say the least) but hey they usually are. Someone else told me about a stand alone program called 'Melodyne' which is supposed to be very good but I don't have the cash for that at the mo. Just wondered if anyone knows how it should be used if you don't have a great understanding of music and notation.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-Mar-04  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Auto tune plug-ins.

k

well it is used simply insert it in a track (must be an INSERT, not used as a SEND effect) - the frankly you choose a chromatic scale unless you want to try the key and scale type of the specific piece, and just lay with the settings for choosy or relaxed - fast slow

but to do the bit where it actualy retunes a vocal to play a melody is another ball park

it works best if the vocalist sings a relative note in one sustained pitch - you have to draw in nodes on the map screen at different pitches

to experiment simply set up a midi loop triggering a single one-note tone from a synth which loops

insert autotune in the synth plugin channel, then experiment drawing in NODES and creating melodies with that one sustained one-pitch note

Message 3/5             17-Mar-04  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Auto tune plug-ins.

k

mind you, as a caveat I'd say I dont use it for that so perhaps others have more advice/tips

Message 4/5             21-Mar-04  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Auto tune plug-ins.

mcc>

Link?: Link

poor cher song...llloyd?
c'mon man.

let me know if you're selling that thing.
i wanna be cher!

Message 5/5             29-Apr-04  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Auto tune plug-ins.

Lloyd Duddley

LMAO, Ok I admitt it, Cher is a legend and I like it that I sound like her *hangs his head in shame* lol

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot