aaa Steinberg_CUBASIS VST 4.0 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Steinberg_CUBASIS VST 4.0

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             20-Mar-04  @  12:35 PM   -   Steinberg_CUBASIS VST 4.0      [Link: Steinberg - CUBASIS VST 4.0]

dave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

In spite of my mundane requirements (recording hypnosis CD's with one mono vocal track and one stereo background music track)I have real challenges using this software. I have all the correct kit (external Duo soundcard etc)with a reasonable mic and the soundcard, drivers etc are all set up OK. Also I've got the hang of Wavelab lite. It's during recording, mixing and mastering that the air turns blue. Sometimes the playback (of a previously recorded track, or arrangement) works (via VST Panel mixer), sometimes it doesn't. When I 'mix down', I may get a 1 Kb file or I may get the correct (much larger) Wav file. In spite of reloading the software, the Master Unit still doesn't recognise my internal CD writer so I can't use it... And then there's the question of the numerous files types that get saved after each 'take'. I've got GPK, MRK, OVW, PK & DAT files cluttering up my hard disc. Do I need to keep them, as I only seem to need the Wav files? It's too late to save my hair as I've already torn it out, nevertheless I would really value a Cubasis 4 mentor. Or can you recommend a more intuitive piece of software. Any suggestions??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             21-Mar-04  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: Steinberg_CUBASIS VST 4.0

mcc>

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i've never used cubasis but as a cubase vst user (5.0) i'd think you wouldn't need all these extra files hanging round your hard-disk. try puttting them into the trash and do whatever task you require and see if it makes a difference.
if not then....lose them.

as for your other problems.....i'm not sure why you'd want to input from cd.
why don't you just drag the stereo wav. file onto a stereo audio track? as for your mono voice recording .....record that onto a mono or stereo audio track....or if it's something you've previously recorded.....simply drag that file onto it's own track.

2 things: patience...persistence.
hair is superfluous.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot