aaa Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             21-Apr-04  @  04:19 PM   -   Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

Jason Hipgrove

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

"Hello, so you already have the Battery version which gives you multiple outs under logic? Do you know that you must assign additional outputs to aux tracks? Aux tracks willbe the mixerchannels which provide the audio from multi instruments. Read the Logic 5.2 update readme. Best -> Rico Baade -> Customer Support -> Native Instruments GmbH -> Schlesische Str. 28 -> D-10997 Berlin -> Germany -> http://www.native-instruments.com"

Hello,
I'm having problems using the Battery multiple out function in Logic 5.5. Basically, I can't get a sound from any output other than stereo 1&2 no matter what I assign in the "output" panel in Battery. Above, is the response I got back from Native Instruments support. But I'm still confused. Does he mean that I need to make sure that the output on a bus (because I'm routing stereo tracks to mono via busses) is set to an Aux output rather than say Bus 1, Bus 2, etc? Very poorly explained but hopefully you get me drift!
Jason Hipgrove

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             21-Apr-04  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

milan

Link?: Link

no no... what he means is you'll have to go into the enviroment layer and create new->audio object->aux object, and then pick battery's additional outputs as inputs for that aux object.

(when you create a new audio object you pick "aux" from the drop-down list on the left side where you'd normaly pick audio track or instrument track etc)

Message 3/21             26-Apr-04  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

Jason

Hi Milan,

Thanks for the response bud. So I go to the track environment (where all my instrument tracks/busses are) and create a new object, etc. But once I've created my aux channel in the track environment layer, do I need to cable it to anything. I mean I have 2 delta 410 soundcards so how do I tell the battery which output to send a sound to. I mean do I use an aux channel like a normal instrument channel? In the aux channel, can I pick battery and then all the 8 outputs will automatically be routed to say the 8 outputs on my first card? Routing stereo instrument channels to mono via bussed is about as advanced as I've gone. Fancy expalining again in idiot terms? :-)

Message 4/21             26-Apr-04  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

Jason

So do I pick a multi battery instrument on an Aux track that I've set-up within the audio mixer environment? How will the aux channel know which souncard output to route the signal to?

Message 5/21             26-Apr-04  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

milan

1) yes, pick battery multi instrument

2) no, you dont need to cable it to anything

3) assign it to whichever output you desire

4) well, have you got it yet?

and

5) why would you wanna make stereo signals mono via busses? huh?

whatever... hope you work it out

Message 6/21             27-Apr-04  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

Jason

Hi Milan,

Thank you for your help. I managed to sort it out and get 14 mono outputs via the Aux's. Milan, I use the bus to sum a stereo instrument like battery's L&R signal into a mono signal non destructively. Drums are meant to be mono, no? Anyway now that I can route mono signals straight out of battery so no need for 24 busses now.

Message 7/21             27-Apr-04  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

milan

cool  

Message 8/21             11-Jun-04  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

sneeder

it wont work in my 5.1 is it only available from 5.2?

Message 9/21             12-Jun-04  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

beds

Link?:  Link

yes

Message 10/21             26-Oct-04  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

k

hi milan/beds - i wanted to resurrect this, i have battery and it doesnt appear in 'multi-instruments' - other items do - my battery is legit

does it have to be installed as a DXi for this to work?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/21             26-Oct-04  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

beds

i wouldn't have thought so. does logic even do dxi?

... it does show up as multiple out here.

Message 12/21             26-Oct-04  @  05:55 PM     Edit: 26-Oct-04  |  05:57 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

k

yeah - when you install battery you can choose VSTi, DXi and Standalone installs (any combination of the 3)

anyways - i tried it on two different machines and on both it doesn't appear in the MULTIINSTRUMENT selection - but , on both machines I only installed the VSTi version.... Edirol Orchestral shows up perfectly tho - again, oddly, Kontakt also doesnt show and I thought that too had multiple out potential.

weird - what version U got?... the last time I d/loaded an update from NI was um.... about last year!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/21             27-Oct-04  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

beds

well, i only installed the vsti version too, v1.0, never use it. unsinstalled it already.

btw apparently there's a way of changing the configuration file of vsti's that don't play ball so that they show up as multi out. .. i'll try find out more ...

(this doesn't work with the new v2 of battery, which is set at 32 outs)

Message 14/21             30-Oct-04  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

milan

maybe you need to install the standalone version too. i got that and vst, and it shows up under multi instrument in logic, no problem.

Message 15/21             30-Oct-04  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

k

hey hey - well i re-installed it as all 3 - vsti, dxi and standalone, and after booting logic twice (once to open battery as stereo instrument in Logic and check the multi-outs i setup in standalone mode) it all is there now

heh

Message 16/21             30-Oct-04  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

milan

well there you go  

Message 17/21             03-Nov-04  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

k

Except - i cant get it to 'take' on the real music studio machine - the setup which worked above was on the test machine, all worked - did the same thing then on the 'real' machine, and it wont take..... damn!

Message 18/21             30-Nov-04  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

k

gah!!!!.... Just got the NFR of Battery2 from NI and the damned thing does the same.... wont appear as a multi-out plugin, rats! - I re-installed Battery1, and it was there fine as a multi. Then I applied the official update patch, and pfffft!... it's gone again!.. wah!

Message 19/21             03-Dec-04  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

Dominic

It won't do it K! This months Future Music mag review of Battery 2 said the same thing - no multi outs. Very annoying. And costly for NI. My vote goes to the exs24 loaded with NI WAV drum shots instead.

Message 20/21             03-Dec-04  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

beds

"doesn't show up as multi out in logic 5.5.1. apparently there will be a fix in the next update .. in the meantime open up the logic .cfg file for battery 2 in a hex editor ... change a (hex) 20 to (hex) 10 ... it will then show up as a mutli out with 16 outs. "

now where did i read that? get hacking you l4m3rz

Message 21/21             03-Dec-04  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Logic/Battery/Multiple Outputs

k

aw bloody hell boyo!! - grrr.... ironicaly, applying the 'update patch' for Battery-1 fucked it all up - lol

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot