aaa Wavestation AD!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Wavestation AD!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             28-Apr-04  @  01:59 AM   -   Wavestation AD!!!

chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

omigod! ive always wanted one and now theres a guy near (relatively) me selling for less than $200; questions....

1) he says the display is a bit dim, ive read that this is a common ailment...does it mean i can still see it as long as i shine a light onto the display (acceptable) or do the characters actually disappear (unacceptable)? easy to find replacement?? ill search the internet later...

2) what parameters can i expect to control with my oxygen8?

3) i want deep, dark, cold pads; i want to emerge from a haze of programming otherworldly sounds and realize ive spent all sunday swimming in its depths...will this synth do it for me?

4) are the delays editable to the millisecond? unlike my a3000 (grrr)?

5) hows the vocoder?

synth, delay and vocoder for less than $200 not bad at all!

i realize i can find out some of this stuff elsewhere but im trying to make conversation here, sites been a bit dry lately

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             28-Apr-04  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Wavestation AD!!!

steef

1) shining a light on the display might help, but LCDs will just dim over time until you can no longer see the characters. They did introduce an industry standard (Hitachi something or other, I think) a while back which meant that all LCDs conform to the same specification, meaning replacements are easy and cheap to find now. I think this came in post Wavestation so you might have to bite the bullet and go through Korg for it. If it is a standard part though you'll be laughing as it's only 20-30€ for a new one. You could always use a a sw editor if the worst comes to the worst I suppose.

2) I think it's mostly sysex so you'll need to use midi ox to convert any controllers from the oxygen into sysex string to send out to the ws.

3) hell yes.

no idea about 4 and 5, but for less than $200 you really should buy that thing if you've got the dough.

Message 3/7             28-Apr-04  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Wavestation AD!!!

k

Link?:  Link

does the AD have res' filters - I have an SR and that doesnt - however what they CAN do is superb, but a nightmare to learn... you can get lushness but they can be very industrial too - great evolving pads & fx

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             28-Apr-04  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Wavestation AD!!!

influx

no resonant filters.

$200 is a fcking sick price. LCD is cheap. Even if you bought it, bought the new LCD, and didnt like it, you could sell it for a profit.

dunno if youre software at all, but check out the Korg Legacy collection as well. Wavestation on a PC! Its the actuall waveforms and programs, and reads WS sysex as well

resonant filters on that one!

Message 5/7             29-Apr-04  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Wavestation AD!!!

chroma

eheh...i knew you'd drop in influx...i dont buy gear to sell it dammit!!! but i tell my wife that  

no res filters...i do software but im tired of having to multisample absynth/fm7 patches into my a3000 for gigs...so its really for having a solid pad synth that can stand on its own. and since im trying to strip down my live rig the delay/vocoder will come in handy

isnt there a reaktor wavestation ensemble? ill check out that legacy

thanks boys!

Message 6/7             29-Apr-04  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Wavestation AD!!!

influx

there is a reaktor wavestation ensemble

dash synthesis made it.

but the Legacy Collection has the actual waveforms. I believe the reaktor deal is just an emulation? not sure

ok..dont buy it to sell it. buy it because its a dope fckin synth fo sho! but no, no resonant filters.

Message 7/7             29-Apr-04  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Wavestation AD!!!

chroma

saw that legacy...so thye dropped oasys and came out with this? f*kin awesome; where will it end? i vow not to look at anymore softsynths ever...until they make a soft cz5000

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot