aaa lexicon control in logic 5.5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: lexicon control in logic 5.5

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             08-Jun-04  @  09:51 AM   -   lexicon control in logic 5.5

jebba

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello

Can some man help me decide how to besting set up a track in Logic 5.5 so that I can input program change messages so I can change programs in my lexicon mpx 500 from the pc. Do I set up a midi track within Logic arrange page and just midi out from my PC into the input of the lexicon or do I need to set up a physical input icon within the environment also? Please excuses my poor english.

Jebba

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             08-Jun-04  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: lexicon control in logic 5.5

K

Well, you could use the TRACK AUTOMATION feature I guess.

Switch it ON, open a CHILD track below the midi track with the appropriate channel & port set on it ok to address the effect unit, then if you look at the 1st CHILD track automation sub-track which you opened, it should default to display VOLUME.

click that and a list appears of possible OTHER midi control... you can choose bank MSB/LSB etc and all sortsof other midi controllers there, then input the required paremeter by adding a NODE to the line.

that'd do it innit?

there is also in the LEFT-Column side-panel a setting for the initial BANK/PATCH for that midi track, which is ONLY active if the checkbox next to it (Labelled 'Prg') is ticked - that would cause the addressed item to switch to that bank/patch whenever the track is selected, and at load-up/start - But you probably want to leave that OFF/de-ticked and use the inputted patch-changes via the Track-Automation bit.

Message 3/3             12-Jun-04  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: lexicon control in logic 5.5

k

I checked the LEXICON included environments, and sadly there's only a few PCM model layers to choose from - perhaps there'sd a 3rd party layer out there for it?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)