aaa Kinetic - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Kinetic

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             09-Jun-04  @  12:27 PM   -   Kinetic

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Got it but haven't played much with it yet. I'll let you know what I think when I get into it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             14-Jun-04  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: Kinetic

roller8

Link?:  Link

Well hurry up!  

Message 3/9             18-Jun-04  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Kinetic

sitar

It's basically a dj. It comes with lots of good groove samples but in most every genre so when it comes down to wanting to write in 1 or 2 genres there's not much there. You can use your own samples of course. The drums are hot but I don't know how difficult it will be to break samples up to get single shots. Haven't messed with it like that yet. It's nice in that you can create song patterns, repeated stuff, change tempo on the fly. Mostly stuff you can do in a sequencer but it's laid out in a simpler way. Haven't tried the fx yet either.

Message 4/9             21-Jun-04  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Kinetic

roller8

So does it integrate well with Sonar or is it really an entirely seperate app? Have you ever used Project 5 in action? Wondering what it's like versus Reason you know?

Message 5/9             26-Jun-04  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Kinetic

sitar

never used project 5. I don't think kinetic is particularly made to integrate with Sonar. You can export wav files and import them into Sonar and visa versa. :P

They don't function at the same time because only one audio program at a time can use my audio device. Same as if I had Winamp open and opened Sonar. I don't think there is a way to open Kinetic as a nested program inside of Sonar, although I haven't tried.

Message 6/9             29-Jun-04  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: Kinetic

Mindspawn

rewire?

Message 7/9             07-Aug-04  @  09:33 PM     Edit: 09-Aug-04  |  11:54 AM   -   RE: Kinetic

sitar

LOL. Here it is in August and I just really dug into it a bit. Hi mindspawn.

Yes Rewire. I didn't figure out yet how to get the audio into cakewalk as a wav yet. I tried bouncing to track like one does with a softsynth but at least in the way I tried it didn't work. I'll figure it out. I'm sure it's simple to do. And there's always the manual if all else fails.

I was real impressed with one of the synths that comes with it, the Roland Groove Synth which is basically a TB-303. It totally rocks.

The synth sliders move smoothly as all hell. They give me the feeling I'm moving sliders on some expensive high tech lab equipment or something. I'll come back when I get more into it, right now I'm psyched about the TB and wanted to post it here.

Message 8/9             09-Aug-04  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Kinetic

sitar

I couldn't find any way of recording this into Sonar and the manual seems to support that. So far, I've only been able to solo each part, save out as a wav and import each part into Sonar. You can set track outs in Sonar to play in Kinetic.

If you have project 5 you can export songs from Kinetic to project 5 format. I don't have p5 so I don't know if tracks remain seperate when they are opened in p5.

I think I remember K saying he wants to design a sequencer where the parts run along the top rather than down the left side. They do in Kinetic and although theoretically it shouldn't make a difference, somehow it makes a big difference to me. It's way cool to work in because when you click on the top on the part you want to edit, you only see that part's midi or audio data in a rather large window where you can edit on the fly. Then in a narrower but still large strip underneath that you can add fx and do some basic tweaks to the synth, like cutoff and res. If you want to do other tweaks you click on a little synth icon and the synth opens up. Same with fx.

Message 9/9             09-Aug-04  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Kinetic

k

sounds good - i'll have to try it perhaps

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot