aaa Trident-MTA 80B EQ - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Trident-MTA 80B EQ

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             05-Sep-04  @  06:25 PM   -   Trident-MTA 80B EQ      [Link: Trident - Series 80B]

info

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I need to make a decision between a P2 or a Trident-MTA
80B EQ, for my studio I need good preamp and nice eq.
basically?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-Sep-04  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Trident-MTA 80B EQ

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well, the P2 looks to be a bit cheaper, and really, either one is probably going to sound quite nice. At this point, I'd have to say it's really up to your ears, your budget and your preferences in how you like to work. The only Trident stuff I'm familiar with is their channel strip, with the preamp/EQ, sends, output to mains, etc.. Is the 80B a rack unit? If not, then I suspect the P2 will just be a LOT less hassle to implement, and integrate into whatever system you are using. Practicality is a factor in studios where folks are paying by the hour or the day. There are certainly others with far more experience in mic pres than myself, but it seems like the P2 would probably be the lower cost, and more exciting tool of the two to use. The Trident will just sound...well...awesome, but I suspect the P2 will allow you to play around a bit more. This is also more opportunity to screw things up, so keep it in mind. You might to try to find a studio that has one or the other, tell them you have your own studio and are possibly interested in purchasing one and ask them if they have time between sessions to possibly let one of the engineers or interns show you what they do. They might be too busy, or they might just relish the opportunity. Frankly, most studio wizards I know thoroughly enjoy getting the opportunity to share and explain their tools to another who might understand what it is they are talking about, because in the great big world out there, there really aren't that many folks who do; even in the music business itself!

$.02

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)