aaa Waves plugins. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Waves plugins.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             01-Oct-04  @  04:05 PM   -   Waves plugins.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My tutor was demonstrating some very nice vst plugins today that were called waves plug-ins or something. They were stereo enhancers and that sort of thing. I think mainly the kind of things you use in mastering. He said that they are very expensive so am I right inthinking that there are no freeby ones around? If so then I would love to know where they are. Many thanks Lloyd  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             01-Oct-04  @  06:20 PM     Edit: 01-Oct-04  |  06:21 PM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

psylichon

Link?: Link

There are a bajillion freebie VST's out there that will do everything Waves does and more, but perhaps with not as much sonic precision. Some of them are actually better for certain applications than the expensive plugs, though.

And I would go easy on the stereo enhancing toys in mastering. Most often they will do more damage than good.

Check out Dancetech's plugin collection or KVR for tons of free plugins.

Message 3/9             01-Oct-04  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

k

Link?:  Link

yeah but did they fix the PACE issues with WAVES stuff or is even registered users still using cracks?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             05-Feb-05  @  01:45 AM     Edit: 05-Feb-05  |  01:51 AM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

it wasnt just the waves stuff on osx k, it was any fully functional demo software that used pace security- waves, antares, grm tools, sony oxford, the lot-

Its been fixed now, waves actually gave away a free (!) reverb about 8 months ago that sneakily updated the pace software automatically on installing, haha there were some anxious h@xx00rz 30 days afetr installing that *free* plug-in and all there thousands of squids worth of lifetime demo plugs ran out!

Im one of the gimps that actually pays for software if i like the demos, more fool me probably, but yeah if i wanted the waves stuff badly enough i could just roll the pace security and operating system back, skip the free (!) reverb and be like a kid in a sweet shop visting all the top websites

not that im trying to be Mr whiter than white as its prolly not even a guilty concience thing , ive just seen to many people with the 'ive got to have every single last cracked plugin, becuase i can' type mentality that never get a trcak done cos there too busy collecting the latest and greatest

like psy says , what youve seen in class is very pretty but , from what ive read here (no offence) there probably going to be over your head/overkill for your skill level and youll prolly get more user friendly/ less potentially damaging results from cheaper range less sophisticated (?) plugs - stuff like that stereo imager or C4 is like smoking beside a petrol pump when in the wrong hands.

If you REALLy need to get your hands on waves gear go for the cheaper renaisannce stuff (the R stuff, Rverb, Rcomp, Rvox etc- i think they are amazing, less posh sounding than the higher range and really great sounding easy to use interface. i.e the Rverb is a pretty good reverb compared to the likes of TrueVerb (or other one cant remember names) which is classy shimmery kinda transparent sounding higher up reverb, which is capable of really pro sound but a bastard to initailly just dial up and go compared to the renaisance reverb. same with rvox, it has 2 sliders and slams shit brilliantly (especially for the dance stuff im sure u said you were into, mebbe not on an orchestral easy listening recording   )

try some cheaper /free stuff from likes of ohmforce, fish fillets plugs, kvr linked freebies etc... No ones gonna stop dancing cos you have a cubase Reverb'A' on send ;)

Message 5/9             05-Feb-05  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

psylichon

heh, kinda funny when people don't really pay attention to how old the thread is.... but since you started it, blu...

lately for verb, I've been going to the freebie Ambience over any of the Waves 'verbs. I find I can dial in the sound with the EQ and dampening knobs much easier than I can with Rverb for some reason. And the tails can go much longer and stay smoother, imo. And if you're trying to recreate rooms, forget it. Ambience wins by a mile. Definitely put it in your arsenal if you haven't already.

Message 6/9             06-Feb-05  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

k

Link?:  Link

good tip man!... tried it yesterday, nice verb!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/9             06-Feb-05  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

psylichon

it really is much higher quality than its price belies.

Message 8/9             08-Feb-05  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

good stuff psy

blu

Message 9/9             09-Feb-05  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: Waves plugins.

damballah

this is the one that steinberg's roomworks (in the SX3 update) is based on, no?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)