aaa Getting mad with SX 2 !!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             03-Oct-04  @  11:15 PM   -   Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

gammaray69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everybody !!!

Alas, I have to ask for a lil help, cause I've just installed cubase sx 2, and although I found eveything quite the same as version 1 I'm familiar with, I'm getting stuck for a probably silly default option...

The tricky shit is that, when I'm recording a MIDI track by playing a live melody on my keayboard, all the notes are recorded (and replayed) with a strong anticipated timing ? As if I played with an automatic quantize on, putting my notes one quarter half or so BEFORE the correct time...

- I did not change anything in my studio, just the new Cubase version...
- I've read the instruction guide, and disabled the automatic quantize, I do not have kilometers of midi cables that could explain a delay, but not an anticipation of my playing....
- I've disabled the magnetic grid...

I'm sure it's something so obvious that I'm not even seeing it, so, please, any idea about it ??? Thx

An SX noob

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             04-Oct-04  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Have you looked in the preferences under the midi section? There's a kind of "look ahead" feature for midi recording - you can alter the capture range in milliseconds.. That *might* help you.

M.

Message 3/7             05-Oct-04  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

j-type

something to do with the emulated MIDI ports thing with SX.... try searching forum.cubase.net for the lowdown. I had this and fixed it by moving the 'ignore midi port filter' up into the main SX directory, that makes all ports visible in SX, choosing the right one sorts it out. it might be the emulated port or the 'normal' one - with my soundcard MIDI ports I have to use the 'normal' one (i.e. non-emulated) and with anything running through my Midisport 8x8s I have to use the emulated ports. don't know why, possibly because one is PCI and the other serial.

Message 4/7             05-Oct-04  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

gammaray69

Warm thanks to both of you !!

Darkstate, you probably mean the Record cath range. It can be set in milliseconds in the pref page, right ? I've read the doc about it, and tried it, but it does not affect the whole track. It's just a way to record the notes you play before the "correct" record start ! Quite a good idea to check it out, really...

J-type, I'm using a Midisport 2x2 on a USB port, and it does appear as "emulated" port when selected !!! grrrr... I can't remember how it was on my SX previous version, I'm gonna check this out right now, it could be the trick !!

Basically, all my midi recorded notes by playing through "emulated" input OR "All midi input" are anticipated by almost one beat... Going to check on this Cubase forum...

Thanks again...

Message 5/7             05-Oct-04  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

gammaray69

Well, well, well... it definitely has done the trick !!

It seems that the trouble with the Midisport 8x8 is also affecting the 2x2... All because of the emulated thingy...

Thanks a LTO again !! Now I still have some long sleepless nights ahead, alone with my synths, trying to make them sound like hell !!!

Message 6/7             05-Oct-04  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

j-type

ur welcome, such a relief getting it sorted

Message 7/7             05-Oct-04  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Getting mad with SX 2 !!!!

k

Link?:  Link

hooray!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)