aaa can you help? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: can you help?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             02-Nov-04  @  01:00 AM     Edit: 02-Nov-04  |  01:02 AM   -   can you help?

wellsrory

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i am currently using a very basic setup
reason 2.5 and cubase vst 5
just having started i have only just learned reason
i have no manuals (bought software cheap)for these software but after 6 months have been able to learn from these forums and other sites how it basicly all works
i am currently finishing and mastering tunes (using t racks )
and fairly pleased with my progress , as this has been a dream of my mine to learn for years, but can you tell me what i need to do /buy to be able to incorperate proper vocals and song into my tracks as i have just been wacking in wav vocal samples for now recorded vis the line in with my mic(poor quality)

to help i am currently using win xp,cubase vst 5, reason 2.5, 20 gig hd,1gig processor, 256 ram , midi keyboard ,other usb midi controller,basic soundcard
with only line in/out and a midi port, an audio technica mic (standard looking mic)
recycle ,waveform programe,20 bensons and some cream soda and several sleepless nights

please help me!
ps is there a good samaritan in this world who could email me the cubase vst 5
pdf manual(big request) i would give them a pat on the back......i have 1meg broadband so if you have the same it shouldnt be too painfull
though i hear it is about 500 pages thick, i i probably only need the getting started section

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             02-Nov-04  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: can you help?

k

Link?:  Link

the manual is in the FILES section here

all you need is a mic and possibly a pre-amp if you have no mixer or proper mic pre-amp - VST as you know has audio tracks so just record your vocals and mix

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             29-Dec-04  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: can you help?

k

Link?:  Link

anyways, the easiest way is to make your reason mix, render it to stereo file, close reason, open vst, import stereo file, set tempo to same as song in reason, record vocals over & mix

however, are you using reason in rewire2 mode? - that is where reasons sound generators act simply as sound modules or vsti plugin instruments, and you sequence them from VST's midi track, totaly bypassing and not using the reason sequencer.

work like that, and you can add guide vocals at the start, and then by cutting and pasting etc the vocals and changingt hinsg in the midi arrangenment, you can use the guide to mess around and create the right arrangements, then finaly record the vocals again (unless the first one was a great performance which it often can turn out to be) and add any double-tracking of the main vocal, BV's etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)