aaa Logic fails - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic fails

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             06-Dec-04  @  01:08 PM   -   Logic fails

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

So Logic won't open up on my PC. Just keep getting an error report. Everything else works fine, Reason and Recycle work fine. Have tried to de-install and reinstall Logic but keep getting error messages when I try to open it. Was thinking of formatting the C drive but does that mean I lose all the settings that Digital Villagfe would have made in order to optimise my PC? Don't feel to confident about doing it all. Plus if I wanna format my C drive do I have to use the Windows XP disc to boot from?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             07-Dec-04  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Logic fails

k

Link?:  Link

what error messages?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             08-Dec-04  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Logic fails

Dominic

Hi K

When I double click on the desktop Logic icon - a window comes up straight away saying that Logic has to close and do I want to send the error report.

Message 4/9             08-Dec-04  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Logic fails

k

well you dont need to reformat - but what do Dig' Village say.... you say you're worried about warranty but then surely they will fix it?

whats on the error report (you should be able to view it innit even if you dont send it?)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             08-Dec-04  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Logic fails

Dominic

If I view the error report , its just full of computer code that I don't understand. DV said they don't know why that's happening and told me to reinstall XP and do stuff like click F5 when it asks me to click f4 and all this other stuff that I don't feel confident about doing. Gonna cost me more to get some DV bod to sort it, I know but I'l just end up screwin my pc up if I attempt to do it so gonna drop it to the shop over the weekend as I can't find my xp disc or the boot floopy or anything to do with reinstalling xp.

Message 6/9             08-Dec-04  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Logic fails

admin

yeah well copy and paste the code - where are U based, in London?

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 7/9             09-Feb-05  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Logic fails

k

well first i'd try uninstalling, then removing the registry entries for logic & then also delete the windows temp file - then reinstall, but that may be too much for you

Message 8/9             09-Feb-05  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Logic fails

beds

Link?: Link

i think it's a windows update that kills logic. might be lucky that it's one of the one's you can remove, if not, you gotta reinstall windows xp and stop updating it. or stop using logic.

Message 9/9             09-Feb-05  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Logic fails

admin

ah could be, yeah

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)