aaa i would like some information on oun... - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: i would like some information on oun...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             02-Jan-05  @  04:55 PM   -   i would like some information

joeokelly

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i would like some information on ounce you have a pa set up what is the correct procedure on setting up the sound from the pa. i have a peavey pa amp bose 802 top speakers and a set of bass bins, im useing allso a bose cross over.
do i set the main gain volume first on the amp and set everything else to zero. im feeding a cd-g player and microphones through the pa system i seem to have overload
l.e.ds on a lot on the graphic. please help

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Jan-05  @  01:30 AM     Edit: 03-Jan-05  |  01:32 AM   -   RE: i would like some information on oun...

k

Link?:  Link

usualy I turn the amp l/r up full, then set the input so the it isn't driving the amp too hard - use the main L/R fader on your mixer to set the input level to the crossover/amps

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             11-Jan-05  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: i would like some information on oun...

milan

Link?: Link

usualy I turn the amp l/r up full, then set the input so the it isn't driving the amp too hard - use the main L/R fader on your mixer to set the input level to the crossover/amps

thats pretty much the common practice, but if your amps have more than enough juice for the venue i'd recommend turning them down a bit so you dont end up setting all your mixer faders to half way down or whatever. plus if your amps/eq's/xovers are of the budget type they may be noisey, and by feeding a strong signal into them you'll mask most of the noise coming from them, and in turn also reducing the possibility of feedback by a bit too.

Message 4/6             12-Jan-05  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: i would like some information on oun...

k

Link?:  Link

true, but i re-read his setup - doesnt he need another amp for the tops/bass? - he's only got the one by the sound of it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             12-Jan-05  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: i would like some information on oun...

milan

who knows... maybe he does it ghetto style- xover outs into L and R amp channels for subs and tops, then connect speakers mono, in series.

Message 6/6             15-Jan-05  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: i would like some information on oun...

psylichon

the 802 runs stereo, the peavey amp is likely for mono bass?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)