aaa Can anyone help me make this sound? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Can anyone help me make this sound?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             03-Jan-05  @  06:21 AM   -   Can anyone help me make this sound?

DJ_Triquatra

Link?: Link

File?:  File

Sound.mp3

Hi all, im trying to get this synth sound,

right click save here

and as far as i can make out, there are two synths, one single note, and then the notes that are arpeggiated are the other synth, the single "whine" in the background was easy to do, but the actual notes are slightly harder, is there anyone out there who could point me in the direction of a synth which sounds like this one, or how to make it from scratch i would really appreciate it. im fairly new to all this, so go easy on me.

maybe if i could find out what vst's/synth;s they were using back in 1996 to make dance music that would help as well  

thanks for your time

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             03-Jan-05  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

psylichon

File?:  No file

what synths do you have at your disposal?

Message 3/9             03-Jan-05  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

DJ_Triquatra

Link?:  Link

(vsts)

JunoX2
Vanguard
Stienberg Hypersonic
Rhino
Rhino 2
Motion 2.8
and V-station

if i need to buy more then i will, i really want to make this !

Message 4/9             03-Jan-05  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

psylichon

any basic detuned sawtooth lead patch will get you 90% of the way there if you turn on unison (if the synth has it).... this will create that wall of detuned fuzz that we all know and love.

That high-pitched whine sounds almost like mp3 distortion garbage to me, but it's probably a sustained high string holding behind the syncopated unison lead patch.

Often times, producers will play the chord progression on a unison 'supersaw' pad all smooth and sustained, record it, and then chop it up with a midi-activated gate or with laborious audio edits. Hope this helps you get started...

Message 5/9             04-Jan-05  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

k

i cant play it, the file seems to not be available

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             04-Jan-05  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

DJ_Triquatra

if you click the "File/Image?: Sound.mp3 " at the very top of this page, it should work, ive just quit my webhost, so my link isnt working at the moment  

thankyou for your help so far guys - im still trying though!

Message 7/9             04-Jan-05  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

k

well it's just a multilayered sawtooth with quite a 'fizzy' filter setting, and multi sawtooth synth should get it. With a sound like that, even basic eq will alter your perception of how 'close' it is to the original.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/9             04-Jan-05  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

milan

where's Andrew to pop in and say its a jp8000 supersaw  

Message 9/9             04-Jan-05  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Can anyone help me make this sound?

S1GNALRUNNERS - Andrew

Try as many detuned saws as you can + white noise for the fizzy sound.

Your best bet would be a JP8080 as milan says

but if you upload a longer sample, i'll be able to tell you more- its just a wee bit hard hearing only a second if it!

If i was on my virus, I'd use 2 pulses, pwm to lfo 1 with a decently high speed, keytracked. Detuned 2nd osc at about 100, with the 3rd on SLAVE. HPF white noise, unison at like 2 or 3- minimal chorus use to preserve the fizzy sound

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)