aaa Native Instruments_GUITAR RIG - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Native Instruments_GUITAR RIG

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             14-Jan-05  @  06:19 PM   -   Native Instruments_GUITAR RIG      [Link: Native Instruments - GUITAR RIG]

arcticzero_87

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi. I would like to know more about what is Altivec or SSE, because I don't know what to do to make start the program. And it is what the message says. Please, reply me at my address.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             10-Mar-05  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: Native Instruments_GUITAR RIG

k

Link?:  Link

Freescale's AltiVec technology expands the capabilities of PowerPC™ microprocessors by providing leading-edge, general-purpose processing performance while concurrently addressing high-bandwidth data processing and algorithmic-intensive computations in a single-chip solution.

Traditionally, many high-performance applications have contained a combination of a single microprocessor performing the system control function and off-chip devices based on one or more other architectures, such as a DSP farm or custom ASICs, to perform specialized computations. AltiVec technology enables a class of processors that drives the convergence of these technologies. AltiVec technology provides embedded and computing system designers with a new "one part-one code base" approach to product design. Because this integrated solution is still 100% compatible with the industry-standard PowerPC architecture, design and support are simplified, and the development barriers inherent to multiple architecture designs are eliminated. System designers and their customers will benefit through faster time-to-market and lower total system development cost while simultaneously enjoying a tremendous jump in performance

----------------

The Streaming SIMD Extensions enhance the Intel x86 architecture in four ways:
8 new 128-bit SIMD floating-point registers that can be directly addressed;
50 new instructions that work on packed floating-point data;
8 new instructions designed to control cacheability of all MMX and 32-bit x86 data types, including the ability to stream data to memory without polluting the caches, and to prefetch data before it is actually used;
12 new instructions that extend the MMX instruction set.
This set enables the programmer to develop algorithms that can mix packed, single-precision, floating-point and integer using both SSE and MMX instructions respectively.
This approach was chosen because most media processing applications have the following characteristics:
inherently parallel
wide dynamic range, hence floating-point based
regular memory access patterns
data independent control flow.
Intel SSE provides eight 128-bit general-purpose registers, each of which can be directly addressed using the register names XMM0 to XMM7. Each register consists of four 32-bit single precision, floating-point numbers, numbered 0 through 3. MMX registers are mapped onto the floating-point registers, requiring the EMMS instruction to pass from MMX code to x87 floating-point code; since SIMD floating-point registers are a separate register file, MMX or floating-point instructions can be mixed with SSE instructions without execution of a special instruction such as EMMS. On the downside, they require support from the operating system, since they must be saved when switching tasks.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             15-Mar-05  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_GUITAR RIG

beds

Link?: Link

this quote tag just doesn't work does it k? ;)

Message 4/4             15-Mar-05  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_GUITAR RIG

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, but i didnt code it to put the quote in a box

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)