aaa USB 2 issues - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: USB 2 issues

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-May-05  @  01:51 PM   -   USB 2 issues

The Moujik

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Not strictly speaking a music issue, but...

I've recently bought a new laptop & when I attach my mp3 player, I get a Windows error/warning about attaching a USB2 device to a non-USB2 port.

The laptop is literally a month old, so they definately are USB2 ports - is anything I need to do to "activate" them as such? Or any other suggestions?

Cheers all.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-May-05  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: USB 2 issues

milan

Link?: Link

hmm... maybe not all the ports on your lappy are usb2?

Message 3/5             17-May-05  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: USB 2 issues

k

you need at least sp1 dont you - anyways if they sold it with 'em on, then they'd have activated 'em - but as said, mebbe they aint usb2 - anwyays shoudlk make any differnce to useability should it? - just slower stransfer speed (never eally looked int o it much)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             18-May-05  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: USB 2 issues

The Moujik

Link?: Link

They definately are USB2 ports. Yeah, it's just a lot slower.... not really too much of an issue I guess.

But I think you've probably hit the nail on the head with SP1 - I bought it without an OS installed, and don't think I put the service pack on when I did it.

Cheers!

Message 5/5             18-May-05  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: USB 2 issues

k

yeah, you need that. I have a couple of extra ports on a box i'm using and wanted to add in another port so i could bung 3 X USB Behringer controllers onto the machine - I toyed with adding sp1 to get the 2 USB2 ports activated, then decided not

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)