aaa Native Instruments_Battery2 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Native Instruments_Battery2

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             24-May-05  @  10:17 AM   -   Native Instruments_Battery2      [Link: Native Instruments - Battery2]

lc7

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Can you tell me how to use multiple outputs from battery 2 into Cubase SX ?

I want each drum to be editable in Cubase, in the same way as LM4. But I canīt find a way to route them. Iīm using a 2ch. M-Audio soundcard.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             25-May-05  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

k

you gotta go to the preferences and set the required outs - not sure after that being a logic guy but i can check for you tommorrow if no-one's got a quickie answer - probably they appear as listed outs on mixer

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             25-May-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

k

ok, simple - there's a selector at the bottom of the pan/fader on Battery's gui (bottom right) - select a CELL, then select output (1-16 as stereo outs and 17-32 as mono's) nothing esle to setup - however, I just tried it with SX aand it seems to be siezing up.... mebbe we need to get an update from NI.... However, it works fine in Logic so we didnt bother with any updates so far.

Anyways, that's how y'do it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             25-May-05  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

k

oh yeah, if you then look at the arrange-page and click the small expander + symbol on the bottom-left of the Battery VSTi track header, all the 'child' channels open up showing each output pair. You can then do volume etc moves on each out

Message 5/10             27-May-05  @  05:22 AM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

Influx

Link?: Link

k how come you never say "RTFM"? Youre such a nice bloke!

Message 6/10             29-May-05  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

lc7

Hi again, you guys.

Finally loginned !

Thanks for your replys, but Iīm sad to say they didnīt help me.

As I told you my soundcard (M-audio) only have two outputs. Therefore I canīt use these outputs (yes, but only 2 (stereo) ). Iīm talking about putting my drums into Cubase and editing them there. In LM-4 you could selcet e.g channel 1 to the BD, channel to the Snare, and so on...

I have selected "mono-outputs" in the battery2 options menu. They are showing in the Cubase arrangewindow and also in the mixer. But there are no signals. I canīt route them into a channel. Donīt tell me Battery2 canīt do that ? Please tell me the opposite !

In hopeful humiliance !
Lars
Denmark

Message 7/10             30-May-05  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

info

the soundcards got nothing to do with it.... the outs from Battery's drums appear on the mixer as VSTi channels and all mix-down to your final stereo audio Master L/R out on the card.... so you mix the channels in s/w to stereo, but that allows you to eq etc each channel in the mixer

i cant see what you are doing wrong to not see the outs on SX... it is SX yes?... not an old copy of VST ?

Message 8/10             01-Jun-05  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

lc7

Well, I do have the channels in my mixer, but there is no signals in the channels. They are called bty2, bty3 etc. The only signal from Battery2 is a stereo signal in bty1. So the problem is routing each drum to the bty- channels.

My Cubase is SX 2.2.0, so it should be OK.

Best regards
Lars

Message 9/10             01-Jun-05  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

k

you have to assign the CELLS to the required outputs as i explained above.

Message 10/10             01-Jun-05  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Native Instruments_Battery2

lc7

Tried it and done that. No effect.

Now..."outputs" :
In the bottom right corner is an output, but no matter what I do I canīt change what it says : S1/2.
And in the options menu there are stereo outputs (1-8) and mono outputs (0-16). But this feature only seems to change the of output channels in my mixer and NOT the routing of cells.

Do I have to change some settings in some of the other features e.g. midi controllers ?
.............or.....is battery2 simply not capable in routing each drum into those "btyīs" ? In that case I have wasted my money, and (sorry) your time.

Iīm no newbie, having worked with Steinberg and NI audio applications for 10 years now, but this f..........drum machine nearly p..... me off. Can you give one last shot ?

wishes and x-mas greetings
Lars

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot