aaa much cheapness - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: much cheapness

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             14-Aug-05  @  10:01 AM     Edit: 14-Aug-05  |  10:03 AM   -   much cheapness

beds

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

so i'm not some guitar freak but i can knock out a few licks and chords. you know these cheap strat and tele knock-offs? around 100 quid, cheaper second hand. there seems to be a couple of companies doing them ... squire and some other lot. is there any difference or are these cheapos all much the same?

what it is, there's a proper les paul here, but sometimes we need a different sound, do these copies sound anything like the real thing? ... i only care about a 'ball park' sound, don't give a shit about nuance.

ta.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             15-Aug-05  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: much cheapness

k

Link?:  Link

the best squires are the easly Jap made ones, which are close as anything to a genuine early strat, korean ones made later arent nearly as good. One of the best cheap e.guitars in many peoples opinion is the yamaha Pacifica range which are reliable and well made but i dunno if they do a guitar in that range with a single coil pickup on the bridge position. Actualy, my mates selling a korean squire which is quite nice, it's clean, ungigged and has Gotoh locking tuners added so it stays in tune, colour = ivory, but it's in London  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             16-Aug-05  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: much cheapness

craig

Link?: Link

Not sure if you guys can get Samick guitars in the UK, but they make some nice low end type stuff too.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)