aaa Nova memory? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova memory?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             22-Aug-05  @  05:42 AM   -   Nova memory?

ThinkMan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello,
is the Nova supposed to remember last selected patch when you turn it off then on again?

if it doesn't, then is there a battery I need to replace?
anyone knows anything about this?

thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             22-Aug-05  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: Nova memory?

nickb

Link?: Link

Hi,

No, the Nova along with most other Novation equipment, does not default to the last selected patch when turned on. The default patch is saved as the currently selected patch when the global data is written to memory. To write the global settings to memory, press the global button, make sure that the memory protect is turned off and then press the 'write' button and follow the on screen prompts.

Best regards,

Nick.

Message 3/10             23-Aug-05  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: Nova memory?

ThinkMan

Link?:  No link

great, thanks Nick

Message 4/10             23-Aug-05  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Nova memory?

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, the radar is still on then  

btw, good luck with the recent robbery Nick

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             23-Aug-05  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Nova memory?

nickb

Cheers K,

It wasn't the best start to last week.

For those that are unaware, ....

"Monday, August 15th 2005 was a gloomy day for Focusrite and its sister company, Novation. As the morning unfolded, it quickly transpired that the companies had been the victim of a major burglary. Missing stock included a host of classic Reds, ISA and Platinum rack-mount units, Novation X-Station keyboards, and the recently launched Saffire desktop interface.

Fortunately, Focusrite has software back-up solutions in place, so the company was able to fully function within 48 hours and, thanks to Computer Warehouse, promptly reinstalled computers. Needless to say, Focsurite has since significantly reinforced its security measures.

In a bid to catch the perpetrators, Focusrite is offering a substantial reward for any information that leads to a conviction as well as a complete Focusrite and Novation recording studio, including Focusrite's Saffire and Platinum Compounder alongside Novation's ground-breaking X-Station 25.

Should you have any information which you believe might be useful, please contact Focusrite directly on +44 (0)1494 836307."

see http://www.focusrite.com/stolen/ for a full list of serial numbers of units pilfered.

Best regards,

Nick.

Message 6/10             23-Aug-05  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Nova memory?

milan

sorry about that guys. but i guess since there arent too many Red's around there's a good chance you may still catch the thieves.

Message 7/10             26-Aug-05  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Nova memory?

k

yeah... they'll prolly be appearing soon on TV's 'CARBOOT CHALLENGE'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/10             28-Aug-05  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: Nova memory?

psylichon

I don't mean to sound cynical... I'm truly sorry for their loss. I know Novation is a small company, but what was the extent of the damage? From the report, it sounds petty, but this must have been a major heist to make the news page innit. How much exactly was stolen, out of sheer curiosity?

Message 9/10             28-Aug-05  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Nova memory?

k

dude, it was alot, like at least a luton truck for removal

Message 10/10             28-Aug-05  @  04:36 PM     Edit: 28-Aug-05  |  06:54 PM   -   RE: Nova memory?

beds

petty?

http://www.focusrite.com/stolen/

about 1200 bits altogether

about 250,000 quids worth of gear apparently.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot