aaa Logic Audio Peak Problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic Audio Peak Problem

Viewing all 27 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/27             24-Sep-05  @  05:09 PM   -   Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello Can Anyone give me some solutions...

I Got Problem with Logic 5.5...when i'm listening my song, And watch AUDIO PERFORMANCE meter CPU Audio Is Peaking ,But Disc I/0 is Only 5-10% , So What Can I Do To Increase My AUDIO and Not Peaking..

I've Got WIN XP AMD 3500+ With 2GT ram Memory And For souncard i use M-AUDIO FireWire 410

Thanx Foreward

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/27             25-Sep-05  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

beds

Link?: Link

one of the reasons i stopped using logic was because of this; upgraded the computer and the cpu meter was jumping all over, then couldn't record audio without glitches, i guessed it was lack of updated code for logic. how old is 5.5.1 now?

milan? when i had this jumping cpu spike problem, milan didn't seem to have it. maybe that was because he's a l.o.s.e.r. ;)

Message 3/27             25-Sep-05  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

yeah I Got 5.5.0 Version....So I Should Start To Look New Sequencer....Like Cubase Or Something...'Cause After All I'll Still Be Using PC
Thanx Anyway

Message 4/27             25-Sep-05  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

beds?

no, i didnt seem to have this same problem, tho i hear there are possible problems with newer s/w, as you say.

then again, i run an older machine and older plugs... no convolution for me. well, maybe just a little ;)

Message 5/27             25-Sep-05  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

oh btw... mr. pochahontes, you didnt say if you were running a gazzilion tracks/plugs/instruments in that song, or just a few?

Message 6/27             26-Sep-05  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

Link?:  Link

yeah what r u running, but, i do find logic likes the processor scheduling in - windows control panel/system/advanced/performance/advanced - to be set to background services

otherwise make sure the correct asio driver is being used in the asio driver slot in audio hardware driver tab2, dont use the PCAV driver slot in audio hardware driver tab1.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/27             26-Sep-05  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

well...yeah i do use plenty of plug ins...but sometimes it's work just fine....

i'am more interested about what to do , 'cause only the audio meter is peaking , about 90+...and Disc I/0 is ok..only 10 or 15 per cent..so do i need more ram memory or what...to gain my situation.

i'm just hangin' around here

Message 8/27             26-Sep-05  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

what about the driver? is it setup properly in the right slot in Logic? - what's your latency set to

also WHAT plugins?... some really guzzle cpu like NI's guitar rig or covolution verbs etc

2gb is plenty memory

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/27             27-Sep-05  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Well...Guitar Rig On 5 Tracks...It's Maybe Better Bounce Those To WAV-Files ? , in That Way It Should Eat Less CPU...? A'm I Right? And Keep One Backup Save If I Wanna Later Change Some Of Those Guitar Tones....

Then I Got Atmosphere Plug In...Looks Like It Love To Eat Some RAM too....

Broomstick Bass , And a Artist Drums For Drums....Then I Got Some Effects On BUS , For My Vocals...I Guess...I gotta Do Some BOUNCING here?

Drivers Set-Up Looks OK.... i Use 44100 hz , Process Buffer Range is JUMBO...

Thank u Mister K to Helping Me

Message 10/27             27-Sep-05  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

aha... well ok. a) those are some hungru plugins, and b) setting the buffer to JUMBO will make Logic reserve a LOT of the cpu cycles for itself. so it shouldnt be surprising that its peaking.

and the disk i/o is low because you arent reading many audio files from the hard disk. its all processor load from the virtual instruments being calculated in real time. get it?

Message 11/27             27-Sep-05  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

beds

5 guitar rig?

Message 12/27             27-Sep-05  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

yeah those 5 guitar rigs will be doing alot of cpu hogging for asure - save the sonmg as a different version title, then bounce 'em down & re-import them... you've always got the original to go back to - also look at AMPLITUBE, i like it alot cos once you rip off all the FX used in Guitar rig, i find Amplitube is equaly as good & better to get a Marshall sound... and it's low on cpu use compared to guitar rig

actualy, that free plugin set called GUITAR SUITE is very good for doing a jcm800 sound and ultra-light on the cpu as there's no fancy graphics etc

Message 13/27             27-Sep-05  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Yeah It's All me...Thank U Guys...It's Nice To Have This Much Attention....

I Will Try To All those Things That You Say....I Will Try To Amplitube As Well....I'm Kind A TOTO Man , So i need Lots Of Effects On My Guitar Tone...And Guitar Rig Works With Me Very Good...But I'll Try Amplitube...
I Also Got POD XD But You Cant Change Your Tone Afterwads, Thats Why So Many Guitar Rigs...Clean GTR - 2 Dist Guitars And 2 Guitar Solo Sounds.

I Thought As You Guys Say...That Plug Ins Will Eat Lots Of PCU...So I'll Some BOUNCHING...So In My Case..Buying More RAM Memory Doesn't Help Me , Cause My PCU Works Realtime With Those...Plug Ins...That's Why i First Start This Converstation , To Learn Something More...No I'm On My Way.....Practise Make Perfect.

And I'll Change That ULTRA MAXI Buffer For Something Less....ANY IDEAS ???

I Also Have Tried GUITAR SUITE - But Marshall jcm800 Plug Ins Never Shows On My Plug In List...Dunno Why...

Thanx And Rock On'

Message 14/27             27-Sep-05  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

one more tip: You Could Save A Lot Of Time If You Dont Start Each Word With Caps

Message 15/27             27-Sep-05  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

beds

Don't You Start As Well

Message 16/27             27-Sep-05  @  11:30 PM     Edit: 27-Sep-05  |  11:32 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

psylichon

man, we can't run more than two rtas versions of guitar rig on the PTHD systems at work without it starting to break up. And that's a dual 2.0ghz G5 with 2 gigs of ram! Of course, we do usually run things at 24/96

But yeah, the more you can bounce down your plugin-heavy tracks to stereo stems, disabling the originals, and mix from there, the more balanced your CPU/disk usage ratio will be.

Or just cut 24/96... that'll put a spankin on yer disk i/o!

Message 17/27             27-Sep-05  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

yeeehaw!... shame you dont have logic on mac cos then of course you could 'freeze' the guitar tracks, but hey, make descisions as you build your music, that's the best... don't just leave everything undefined and think "Oh i'll make all the decisions at the end", be bold, define as you build cos EVERYTHIG you add is effected by what was created before as you add each bit, so defining sounds as you go makes for better productions in my opinion.

Message 18/27             28-Sep-05  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

psylichon

totally... some of my best productions have been ones done on a comparatively limited system, where I was committing to choices as I go. Can't seem to work out that mojo now with nearly limitless tracks and plugins. Hmmmm

Message 19/27             29-Sep-05  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

yeah, i'm VERY passionate about this subject. For noobs, if you have a defined sound in a mix,...not the eq of that sound, cos you can tweak the eq in the mix but the actual sound is defined.... when you add those defined bits together they create harmonic overtones & a certain overall interaction and anything you add to that get's influenced by what is there already. If you leave defining patches and sounds till the final mix you often get a sorta disjointed overall sound to the track.

Message 20/27             29-Sep-05  @  03:33 PM     Edit: 29-Sep-05  |  03:35 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

That's What I After For.....But Sometimes When I'm Really In The Mood...And I've Recorded This And That...And Ooops Peaking Comes My Way...Damn....
And Last Thing What I Would Like To Do On That Moment Is....Bounching....It's Kind A CUT My Creative Roll ...If U Know What I Mean...

Hey Serious Stuff Too....Is There Any Fact About My Next Question...

If I Use...Let's Say ,Spectrasonic ATMOSPHERE , BFD & TRILOGY Bass...OK, If I Install Those Programs In Different Hardrives Instead Same Hardrive..Does It Give Me Any Smoothness Whatsoever....

In My Little Brain Would Think That Then Each Program Should Run Kind A Free , Without Other Big Programs Running With Them On Same Hardrive....Any Sense?...Or Am I Daydreaming...???

Thanx Again.....Keep Knocking And Bounching

Message 21/27             29-Sep-05  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

If I Use...Let's Say ,Spectrasonic ATMOSPHERE , BFD & TRILOGY Bass...OK, If I Install Those Programs In Different Hardrives Instead Same Hardrive..Does It Give Me Any Smoothness Whatsoever....

nope - except BFD advises to install on a dedicated partition!... it needs to be around 10-12gb IF you dont plan to add any add-on drum sets such as the 8-bit kit - thats cos it streams samples from the drive (if you use max layering)

Spectrasonic ATMOSPHERE i dont know, i know it has a large library, but i doubt it advises to use a dedicated partition

most synths/sampler just load what they need to ram and that's that

Message 22/27             30-Sep-05  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

oK....Thanx

So I May Invest Some Bucks For RAM chip In The Future...'Cause Sometimes I've ´Memory Gettin' Low Messages In My Sceen...And Logic Gave THEM

Message 23/27             30-Sep-05  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

heh, yeah logic always does that... say if u use 512mb ram and Kontakt you'll get that loading 2 Kontakts with a fairly beefy set, but windows hogs up ram so whatever... windows XP likes to use all the spare ram it can, so often that message just means logic wants ram for the plugin but windows has hogged it, but when windows is forced to release ram it should make a difference with the 3gb ram u have installed unless you use ludicrous amounts of samples and plugins.

you already got 2gb ram yes?.... so i cant see adding more will help that much unless as i said you use silly amounts of sample players

oh btw make sure you go to control-panel / system / advanced / settings / advanced

and set the processor scheduling to: background services

Logic likes that and can run way up into the cpu meter redline without showing a sync-error message.

Message 24/27             01-Oct-05  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Ok..I Did That Control Panel Thing....I Haven't Heard Of That Before...But Now It's Done..Thanx

Yeah I Got 2 GT of Ram In Use...So You Think Adding Another 1Gt Basicly Doesn't Help Me A Lot...So I Can Use That Money For Something Else

Message 25/27             01-Oct-05  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Ok I Did That Control Panel Thing / ....I Haven't Heard That Before , But Now It's Done...

And I Got 2 Gt Of RAM In Use....So You Think Adding a 1Gt More Doesn't Help Me That Much...So I Better Save That Amouth Of Money For Something Else

Thanx Again

Message 26/27             01-Oct-05  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

well check the sample sets you're loading on the local hard drive and add them up in total size... surely you're not loading 2gb of samples right? (mind you mebbe you are) ?

Message 27/27             01-Oct-05  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

beds

i don't think atmosphere or any of the spectrasonics ones can stream from disk.

i think you're expecting too much from your system, 5 guitar rig and a load of memory hungry sample players isn't gonna happen without some glitches.

if you had only 1 or 2 guitar rig (the one you're recording and maybe one more) and the rest of the guitars bounced then i'd think you should have no problems. i don't think adding memory over 2 gig isn't gonna make much difference if your processor is getting hammered by cpu hungry plugins.

Viewing all 27 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot