aaa Steinberg_LM-9 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Steinberg_LM-9

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-Nov-05  @  02:03 AM   -   Steinberg_LM-9      [Link: Steinberg - LM-9]

vincentallendawson

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i have the lm-9 in my cubase program but, i have no idea on how to use it in an actual song. don't get me wrong, i can get sounds out of it. but how do a actually use it to make samples for a song? and for some reason it tend to delay when i activate it with ethier the mouse or the midi.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             29-Nov-05  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Steinberg_LM-9

k

Link?:  Link

the delay is your soundcard - you need to assign asio drivers in SX for low latency and no delay

the LM9 doesnt 'sample' sounds, it plays samples from a ready-made sample set which is fixed in a delimited txt file which accompanies the LM9 - read the LM9 page here and it explains how to change kits using a work-around technique of moddifying the txt file.

But frankly it's easier to use one of the many great free drumboxes out there which feature sample loading options as part of the programme rather than as a 'work around' like with LM9

Do a search in our FILES section ('Files' icon in the site top menu bar) and do a name-search for 'RMF' - you'll find the excellent & free RMF drumbox which loads samples..... there's plenty of others out there of course.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             01-Dec-05  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Steinberg_LM-9

sox

Link?: Link

I can recommend the SR202 which comes on the cover of Computer Music mag. 4 independant outs in the VST host plus all the filtering you would ever need...
We use it at CM for teaching with...

sox

Message 4/4             01-Dec-05  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: Steinberg_LM-9

k

Link?:  Link

yeah it's sposed to be ok, but you have to buy CM mag...

this one looks cool, not tried it, but 24 slots and 6 stereo outs wave player which could function perfectly as a drumbox i suppose

Sam! 1.3

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)