aaa rEST of Mind reSET - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: rEST of Mind reSET

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             10-Dec-05  @  11:58 AM   -   rEST of Mind reSET

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Elleu, just uploaded the rest of the set which My Mind Reset was a small portion of, well this is a newer recording. Some of the higher freq. are still a bit pushed back I think- not really sure.... 3 parts called Mind reSET. (thanks K!) Anyway, hope you enjoy.

part 1

part 2

part 3

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             11-Dec-05  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

mcc>

i always appreciate the devotion you put into your things.
just the same i almost always wish you'd give us geezers a version at a slower bpm...110 to 120 would be soooo nice!!!!
i always imagine how funky your shit would be were you to take some of the steam out of it.
nevertheless lots of turns and angles and embellishments to keep the juggernaut-ride interesting.
and what is true is that these twists do occur.
enduring some of the harder darker turns lead to subtle rewards....i especially like some of your drum change-ups. i wish they were alittle more frequent...and again a tempo mash-downwards would be soooo grand occasionally.
of course you can always say fuck that and rev it up again.
some of the changes that take place after 5:30 on pt 2...those are very nice. and then again much later around 8 or 9 minutes.
then part 3 doesn't play at all after 3 attempts.
your left channel is much stronger than your right.
your drum frequencies sound good and crisp.....love those ancient 909s 808s....303s....
they are eternal.

Message 3/15             11-Dec-05  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Maarten

I guess it's all in what you're after- I myself usually try to chase a shot of adrenaline but I'll sure get back to you with something more relaxing one day. Part 3 plays fine for me... ohh and I don't have my TR-808 anymore and the 303 isn't used at all in this piece. Lots of other VCO's though!

Message 4/15             12-Dec-05  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

milan

ello marty!

whats this then... pure 4/4 and dark melodies? a bit different from the usual all-out rinseout?   a bit depressing for for me... :/

Message 5/15             12-Dec-05  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Rags

Part 1.

Yeah. So for the first 5 minutes I felt like I usually feel when I somehow get down to a basement on the wrong day and it turns out there's a techno party going on: I don't find my place at all, it the pitch of the BD disturbs me, coz it doesn't follow the melody etc... so it is a different planet, ugly things hiding behing ugly plants, peeking at me with lots of ugly eyes...

It is prolly because average human beings likem me need some time to acclimatise themselves to this distorted bwang-bwang-bwang-bwang! I am sure of this, because you have a breakdown around 5:00 and at that time I started to realise all those those nice textures, and the great tythmic patterns (yeah, I know I am repeating myself with this, but I cannot help).

Once the hihat patterns start their magic in my head, I have no problem enjoying the whole thing, including mr. bwang. From around 9:00 I am a happy passenger of train mayhem, enjoying the violence and darkness with a big smile.

Part 2.

.........to be continued

Message 6/15             12-Dec-05  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

mcc>

i was pretty sure that wasn' a 303 but it had similar traits and attitudes.....like a 303 which wasn't.
nevertheless the spirit of it was there.
and the missing 808...again i was thinking it was purely the 909...but...again it's in the spirit of things.
like doing punk rock but those aren't guitars at all....they're syntheesizers.

i'll try part 3 again later. what's funny is how i often end up listening to your banging noisiest tracks
when i am in the quietest modes....and often before going to bed.
makes no sense at all but i guess i find something relaxing...almost comforting about the whole
process.

Message 7/15             13-Dec-05  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Maarten

Hehe, why that's just not right man.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys.. sorry this depressed you Ming and glad to have tempted you to the dark-side Rags ;).

Message 8/15             15-Dec-05  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Rags

And here we go again. Part 3 puts us into that iron-lung-train running full speed into minimal land. So we sit back and count all those metal-beetles crushing into our windshield (if there is such thing on this kind vehicle). But hell, an another train is coming behind us. Landscape changes into green, and we see those little creatures with lots of eyes peeking at us again behind blue moshrooms as we pass by with full speed. And the other train is still coming to get us.

The day passes, the sun goes down and the desert greets us with red glow and a burning moon. It eats up the other train and vomits large, short-lived creatures onto the land. And it makes them dance.

Till they die.

The train stops and collapses in the dark, smoldering, sparks flying.

Message 9/15             15-Dec-05  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Maarten

Seriously Rags, you should take on doing some K7 X-Mix style 3d video's!

Message 10/15             15-Dec-05  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Rags

I'm not familiar with those... besides, I did some short 3d movies some 5 years ago (and I still can't stop visualising things to this date), but I don't have time for that these days :-( At least not in the quality I'd be happy with...

Message 11/15             15-Dec-05  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

mcc>

but when are you ever happy with anything?

just kidding man!!!!

Message 12/15             16-Dec-05  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

Maarten

Rags wrote:

Im not familiar with those...

I'd call them classics but might just be nostalgia. And yes, one time-consuming hobby slash obsession is enough isn't it?

Message 13/15             16-Dec-05  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

milan

X-Mix

thats how i doscovered techno (hey, i was living in a backward country). that was a series of dj mixes accompanied by digital 3-D animation videos. was well progressive for its time. and the origin of all K7 compilations too!

Message 14/15             30-Dec-05  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

urbicide

Link?:  No link

its cool that you have a fairly high tempo but the percussion doesnt sound as fast. it pushes in and out. thats an achievement there.

Open kick patterns = good :-)

cool stuff on track 1... I felt it was getting long by 3:30. I kind of look for staunch variety in a track, formulas blah. but you did what you did. take care Maarten. nice

Message 15/15             14-Jan-06  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: rEST of Mind reSET

nutoniom

oh oh.....

you're nuts hombre

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)