aaa she rises again (cass pt 2) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: she rises again (cass pt 2)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Dec-05  @  06:12 AM   -   she rises again (cass pt 2)

mcc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

back around 83 i started my second band...dogs with masks....by 84 we had a solid line-up that was performing regularly:
paul friedman: drums
irene liberatore: vocals synth and percussion
john january: guitar and synth
kevin chanel: bass
me: keys
i wrote called cass inspired by a story of charles henry bukowski's.
i started to resurrect it by the end of 2004....making the old chorus progression the verse and adding a new section which is the just like a child movement....while dropping the original melody (which will hopefully appear in a reurrected original-arrangement and mix).

karen uses the wx5 wind-controller to drive the tr-rack for her first time here.....quite exciting....
she drives a different sound in each of the 4 movements.
jen's voice seems a perfect match for the vibe i was hoping for....and then some.
and me...well....i just write them....and hope they turn out.

this is for cass....she was a true story...the prettiest most misundertood girl in town...ended up killing herself...immortalized by charles henry bukowski the ugliest man intown....this is for him too...RIP hank.
enjoy.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             15-Dec-05  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: she rises again (cass pt 2)

Sage Bomb mcc>

Link?: Link

Message 3/7             15-Dec-05  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: she rises again (cass pt 2)

Rags

I was thinking now for almost 10 minutes what to write, because the better a track is, tha harder it is for me to make a worthwile comment. There were minor glitches, a high note is a bit off at one place (1:38), and that trademark phased hihat pattern messes up the mix a bit too much, but fuck me, there is magic going on here.

And yeah, if I'd have to take it apart and analyse I would say that yes, the beats are great (not that I wouldn't change them to something more aggressive distorted-to-shit terror-drums, but that is a different issue, actually an issue with myself and not with the song :-) and yes, Jen's voice is exceptionally thrilling and soothing at the same time, and...

Message 4/7             15-Dec-05  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: she rises again (cass pt 2)

mcc>

thanks rags...i hit a vibrational pothole back in october and it took me 64 days before i could get back to working on this. i think i had my arm fully up my ass trying to fix it......and when i got back to it.....well...it was the song and not the hats that won out (are there really hats? i didn't notice).

trying to define the voice with someone who still had little idea what their capacties were..... was a joy
but also much work.
the wx5 did not want to perform as it was intended but i didn't want acoustic flute on this....so we had to trick that bit of gear into helping us (thanks yamaha for writing manuals in engrish).
just persuading wolfie to make the leap into the electronic and to make the capital investment required was challenging enough in itself. i gave her the tr-rack so she could have a module to blow through.

anyway....i'm glad you dig the song about this girl....like so many girls.....kinda too beautiful...kinda a little too crazy....misunderstood.....then gone.
her pryor bukowski douglas adams mark twain..beethoven...
having fun comparing notes what it was all about.

i'm guessing hats were low on the list.....but no doubt they're on there!!!
thanks man again for listening and getting back.

Message 5/7             15-Dec-05  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: she rises again (cass pt 2)

mcc>

the ghost of john bonham just tapped me on the shoulder and said
"hats are VERY high on the list".

Message 6/7             30-Dec-05  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: she rises again (cass pt 2)

mcc>

updated version (not just mix) of cass pt2 mixed with help from my sony cfd-g500 blaster....after realizing my v6s + cheap sub-woofer allowed me to enirely lose my low end on the previous version.
no doubt a little glog goes a long way towards forgiving me my production retard.
nevertheless i think this is an improvement.

i appreciate everyone not rushing to tell me how much i suck.

Message 7/7             30-Dec-05  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: she rises again (cass pt 2)

urbicide

I like the vox tone and sound. dont much like the music behind it tho. a whole new track could be written for it... nice mcc.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)