aaa Atmosphere - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Atmosphere

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             16-Dec-05  @  05:31 PM   -   Atmosphere

retroactivefunk

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

What does it mean when my track is getting charted?

also, I just uploaded "Man on the Street"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             17-Dec-05  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: Atmosphere

retroactivefunk

Atmosphere just got picked up by a prestigious label.   YAY!

Message 3/15             17-Dec-05  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, it means EMI have given you 80 million is a deperate attempt to 'buy in' a major artist

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/15             17-Dec-05  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

k

Atmosphere just got picked up by a prestigious label.

no really?... i missread that, I thought your own reply wqs someone else making a joke about what being in the chart means ...

so you did get a track signed? bloody excellent man!!- didn't you have some other tracks on here before, i seem to remember?, I have this idea you had some funky stuff on here before... mebbe i'm getting you mixed up with someone else.? but i'm sure i used to have some of your tracks 'clipped' into a 'Users tracks compilation' I made in my 7161 admin

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/15             17-Dec-05  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

k

mind you, i dont see a track called 'atmosphere' in your profile

?

Message 6/15             17-Dec-05  @  06:02 PM     Edit: 17-Dec-05  |  06:10 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

retroactivefunk

I decided to pull it off after I got the email.... no reason to let people download it for free now is there? The label is OM records.... special project called Om:Discovery
They picked up two, the other one is "organ donor" and it is still up at my other page.
www.myspace.com/laptopmusic They want me to get them mastered tho.....

Message 7/15             17-Dec-05  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

Maarten

Heh, yeah- we would download it and master it to vinyl.

Message 8/15             17-Dec-05  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

mcc>

well it probably means i won't buy it now since i can't even peep it
and wasn't really that impressed with your previous piece (though i have liked some of your earlier work).

nevertheless...congratulations!

Message 9/15             17-Dec-05  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

milan

OM Records? no shit, i'm just listening to something from them as i write this! what a coincidence :D

excellent

Message 10/15             17-Dec-05  @  07:27 PM     Edit: 17-Dec-05  |  07:36 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

retroactivefunk

calm down guys...
OM discovery is a digital only project. SO no vinyl, but lots of exposure.
Better than nothing, no?

and K, you liked one of my tracks a while back (like 3 years) so it might be me.
I've been coming to this site since it had the cool clock. I used to go by blunted.
I enjoy having 7161 host my tacks for my peeps to hear, as it seems getting
anybody to listen is the hardest part, but the only way to really get em to listen
is to ship out a cd.

Message 11/15             17-Dec-05  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

retroactivefunk

mcc> wrote:

well it probably means i wont buy it now since i cant even peep it
and wasnt really that impressed with your previous piece (though i have liked some of your earlier work).

nevertheless...congratulations!

what work did you like? like how long ago? 2 months, or two years?

Message 12/15             17-Dec-05  @  08:10 PM     Edit: 17-Dec-05  |  08:12 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

milan

calm down guys...
OM discovery is a digital only project. SO no vinyl, but lots of exposure.
Better than nothing, no?

well, i know their stuff from Beatport only... actually, i think i got more music from there this year than in any other format!

i mean, its nice having a cd and all, but for small label stuff i think mp3 works rather good: most of them are hard to find, or dont release compilations, and i sure as hell aint buying vinyl any more just for one tune. so i wouldnt gripe about "digital only"  

Message 13/15             17-Dec-05  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

mcc> lala gondola

Link?:  No link

sorry but i don't remember the names of the tunes.
they were pretty classy affairs from what i recall....future skool meets old skool sort of thing whereas your last track felt like a route frequently-travelled...if not by you, then others.

i don't think there's anything wrong with digital-only.....but a real live breathing woman is nice to hold sometimes.
same with cds.
vinyl's definitely a consoiseur's hold-out.
though i do love all my old records and have been very reluctant to lose them.

the original johnny cash ring of fire cover....well.....
some things are priceless.

Message 14/15             17-Dec-05  @  09:35 PM     Edit: 17-Dec-05  |  09:40 PM   -   RE: Atmosphere

retroactivefunk

mcc> lala gondola wrote:

sorry but i dont remember the names of the tunes.
they were pretty classy affairs from what i recall....future skool meets old skool sort of thing whereas your last track felt like a route frequently-travelled...if not by you, then others.

i dont think theres anything wrong with digital-only.....but a real live breathing woman is nice to hold sometimes.
same with cds.
vinyls definitely a consoiseurs hold-out.
though i do love all my old records and have been very reluctant to lose them.

the original johnny cash ring of fire cover....well.....
some things are priceless.

yeah, vinyl is "the way" but it's expensive.I put out a record a couple years ago, had a "big name" remix my track... didn't even make our money back. It even charted and was on kissfm and whatnot. So I dunno.... I just bought ranes serrato scratch, so .mp3 is now my preffered.. but only because of financial issues, I collect and value vinyl highly.

As far as the route frequently travelled.. well, all of them can't be groundbreaking and whatnot. Know what I mean? Altho I've been doing this for 8 years, I think I'm just beginning to find "my sound" or at least a production methodology that has semi consistant output. I'm not "trying" to sound like anybody else, but you know how it goes, familiar stuff sells more.. so as long as I stay true to myself and have fun making music.... thats really ALL that matters. I'm happy other people can dig my stuff, and can find enough worth and enjoyment in it to represent it. So all in all, I appreciate your feedback, I'm glad you even listened for that matter... I can't expect that anybody will enjoy all, or any of them, so I'm just happy you enjoyed something.

Ok, that was a

Cheers!
Gabriel

Message 15/15             20-Dec-05  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: Atmosphere

k

cool Blunted man!... nice one.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot