aaa Peoblem with logic 5.5 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Peoblem with logic 5.5

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Jan-06  @  06:24 PM   -   Peoblem with logic 5.5

matt_march

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i have logic 5.5, and i am getting sound out of my keyboard instead of my speakers! so when i go to record the drums in midi it plays the normal keyboard sound and the drums sound together out of the keyboard speakers!!! how do i get it so the sound is coming out of my pc speakers??
Also how do i record to audio?? because basically i used to work with an apple computer at college and i used a mixer to record to audio! but as i dont have 1 for my pc(windows) how do i do it? does it mean i need to get 1??
All i am using is a keyboard connected to my pc and i have no midi interface or mixer!

Asonic 16-bit 6 Channel 3D Directsound Soundcard with C-media 8738 chipset-Retail Box is the soundcard.

i have assigned the driver to PCAV.

please help!! thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             04-Jan-06  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: Peoblem with logic 5.5

matt_march

just got a sound out the pc speakers but there is a delay between the keyboard and the sound coming out?? how is this happening??

Message 3/6             04-Jan-06  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Peoblem with logic 5.5

dummy user

never heard of the soundcard, BUT, you need asio driver mate to get realtime playability - you could try the ASIO4ALL driver.... but if that fails to work with your card/chip (is it built into the motherboard?) then you'll have to bite the bullet and get a proper asio card which start as lkow as 55 quid or so

what's the keyboard btw?

Message 4/6             06-Jan-06  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Peoblem with logic 5.5

matt_march

when i click on asio it says no driver found, my keyboard is Casio CTK-496, and i dont think the sound card is built in to the motherboard!!

please reply asap

cheers matt!!

Message 5/6             07-Jan-06  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: Peoblem with logic 5.5

k

Link?:  Link

well did you checkout the asio4all driver? - it's a free driver project to create a fast asio driver for generic soundcards & on-board motherboard codecs

http://www.asio4all.com

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             07-Jan-06  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Peoblem with logic 5.5

k

Link?:  Link

apparently from reading the site you will need a WDM driver already installed. So it still maybe you need to get a proper soundcard. Unless your PC has an AC97 sound device on the motherboard in which case you'd need to remove the cheap soundcard you have and use the motherboard soundchip with the asio4all

depends how old this PC is, if it's fairly new and has an AC97 audio onboard it could be good to go

at the end of the day for the measly outlay of the 50 quid required to get a proper asio card such as from m-audio, it's not worth messing about - just get a decent card cos the difference it makes in terms of stability and what you can then do in realtime with your system (recording audio with realtime fx, realtime playing of VSTi's etc) is ALOT!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot