aaa ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             12-Jan-06  @  04:51 PM   -   ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

SDUB

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I put two tracks up here on dancetech from the upcoming album release in Feb.2006.

They are called I'm Ready and Only Life

Let me know what you think.

Thank you in advance.

S Dub

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             13-Jan-06  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

Garuna

Yeah, good. I like the overall groove a lot. Can't decide whether I like her voice... but she sings well and it all just sounds fresh and inspired. Both songs. She actually sounds like a singer I worked with a few years, Clarissa. Interestingly I'm doing some songs now (female vox too) and one has some intro ambience.... How did you get those airport sounds for your song? Field recording?

I think your songs sound so much more original than what's out there and I wish the best of luck with the album.

Message 3/12             13-Jan-06  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

SDUB

thank you...actually those were real sounds from an airport in brazil...the singer Lori was there on vacation and her husband brought the mini disk!!!

Message 4/12             14-Jan-06  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

k

Link?:  Link

sorry dude, i really dont like em much, i'm not keen on the vocal tbh

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12             16-Jan-06  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

SDUB

no problem K. What don't you like about the vocalist or the songs?

Message 6/12             17-Jan-06  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

k

crikey, this is hard cos you might have some personal freindship with the singer. I dunno, i just dont like the singing or the lyric. Are these 'songs' someone wrote or was the lyric 'made-up' after the music?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/12             17-Jan-06  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

SDUB

we wrote them at the same time the music was written...does it sound disconnected or something like that?

Message 8/12             17-Jan-06  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

k

um.. what's the 'song' about mate?

Message 9/12             17-Jan-06  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

SDUB

"im ready" is just a laid back track with inspiration from the mentality of people in Brazil, and us asking what is up in their lives and anyone elses and our own

"Only Life" is a bit more of a spiritual song inspired by someone in my life and how people disregard God/Christ.

We try to write about things in our life and spiritual as well without ramming it down your throat in a Dogmatic way..we are just trying to be real and genuine with how we feel and how we can translate that into music....

we also have some songs done that are real dancey but didn't want to put them all out on the web...do you think it is worth it to just put it all out there or should we hold some back?

Message 10/12             18-Jan-06  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

k

yeah but why talk aboiut it in the first place? it's religion, faith is another matter and that's different for everyone, hence for me, songs based on that never work. Anyways, that's the lyric really i'm criticising i spose, but musicialy you cant really write dance tracks on a classic song structure. So for me, some of it sounds ok, but some sections because they have to follow the melody/chord structure just turn into a sort of 'disco-song' which is bloody hard to do AND keep a groove flow going when chords and bass parts are changing alot to follow a melody

Message 11/12             28-Jan-06  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

urbicide

Link?:  No link

i'm ready,

tone was good on vocal. couldn't understand most of what she was saying, even on this thousand dollar monitor i'm using. most of all, the music was great sounding. nice and chill. nicely mixed. I didn't like the added organ track towards the end... I would turn the track off instantly.

your life,

vox doesnt blend with the percussion... I would try something else or have none. her voice is sweet but is dissconnected somehow ---> prolly the percussion and bassline. her voice sounds more atmospheric.

I would listen to the first track b4 the second. sounds independent; film independent.

IMO

Message 12/12             30-Jan-06  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: ******New Tracks y'all!!!! Give a listen

SDUB

hey thanks for the listen...

on I'm ready there is no organ...

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot