aaa Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             21-Jan-06  @  12:37 AM   -   Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

me at iTunes podcasts

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             21-Jan-06  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

feck me it works!!!... I gotta update the Podcast create code on 7161 cos there's extra feilds like image, it can take your user image on 7161, also 'release dates' is missing is is description and track-time, and one of the header-areas feilds, but in essense, it's there!

one link which you can put on your pages/emails or reference to customers. To add to itunes shop, you simply register - you have to give credit card details when you do, cos of course they deduct when you buy, but for adding podcasts, it's free and the card isnt used.

Itunes customers can add reviews also. Currently, globaly for iTunes there is only about 20,000 podcasts on itunes. They go thru an approval period of a few days for copyright checking. Then you et an 'all clear' email & your iTunes shop URL which opens/loads the iTunes software

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/21             21-Jan-06  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Rags aka. Welder

Link?: Link

So can we go and register right now? Or shall we wait for those modifications you've mentioned?

Anyway, sounds fucking great'

Message 4/21             21-Jan-06  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

i'd say wait, i'll do it next week, i gotta seminar on monday and have to do final prep for it.. well er, read the updateing policy, i presume just like with the un-registered ones (just opened in iTunes but not listed in their site) it updates whenever someone 'Updates' if you've re-written your feed.... i dunno, the filds i'll add will be the image, description and a few others.

Message 5/21             25-Jan-06  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Rags aka. Welder

Ahhh... guess what, you can't register on I-Tunes if you live in eastern europe. The local rep said the HQ is considering Hungary, but there is no exact date. Ahha. The usual bullshit.

Message 6/21             25-Jan-06  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

damn!... bad luck man... mebbe there's a way round it...

Message 7/21             25-Jan-06  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

beds

of course there is, one of us will register for you, or use a http proxy when you register. how do they decide where you live?

Message 8/21             26-Jan-06  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Rags aka. Welder

They analyse the IP, get the country (that would be no problem, our proxy is in Sweden) but then they ask for a credit card that is registered in that country (there is a check on that) and also the billing address of the card must be in that country.

Message 9/21             26-Jan-06  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

Blimey that's a bit sad. I wonder if we could do it for you?

Message 10/21             28-Jan-06  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Rags aka. Welder

k wrote:

Blimey thats a bit sad. I wonder if we could do it for you?

Well, that would be certainly great but... I don't know how can you do that without entering a valid creditcard number. I own a fucking AMEX, but the billing address is in Hungary and the bastards somehow figure it out from the number that it is not a Swedish card (company PC is connected to the net via a proxy in Sweden).

Message 11/21             28-Jan-06  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

well i dunno the rules but mebbe i could submit it?

i gotta look into all this further. Spent a bit of time today working on the new iTunes compatible podcast with the extra 'special' feilds... gotta test that fully then we can release it. However, it will mean people will have to be careful with their Artist & track descriptions text cos iTunes is very fussy about rogue text characters... unless we made a whole new form specialy for iTunes podcast with new fields... not sure what's the best yet; I'm inclined to not make people fill more stuff in

one thing for example is image size, apparently iTunes is fussy about that as well.

anyways, i'll tweak it, update and see what iTunes makes of it all, and get back to you about the other stuff (submission... hopefully it's not 'one podcast per user')

Message 12/21             31-Jan-06  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

getting there... here's my test podcast in the store right above the official Ministry of Sound radio podcast

Message 13/21             31-Jan-06  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

[image file]

and here's the display when you clickthe item to show in the store. Picture seems to be working ok

Message 14/21             31-Jan-06  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

i've changed some of the fields, but we're gonna have to add special instructions in the TRACK-EDIT section regarding Podcast compatible Track description & in the MY DETAILS EDIT section for user-description.... and for the user-image cos iTunes doesnt like big pictures and they need to be .jpg

also we'll have to add in an extra form slot section for defining your podcast title if submitting to the iTunes store cos adding things like double hyphens to the title start puts your podcast up at the top of the listings when people browse.

things that'll cause the podcast to fail for iTunes submission/loading will be non decimal track-time additions in the 7161 admin, and dodgy characters in track/user descriptions or artist/band name

Message 15/21             01-Feb-06  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

ok check your admin area, it seems to be all working

Message 16/21             01-Feb-06  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

well both the Dance/Electronic & Rock/Metal/Indie 7161 charts are now in the iTunes store!!

both were just approved - it only took 1 day this time - so i reckon I can submit your podcast no worries Rags mate cos i've now submitted 3 in total

check your 7161 admin for the new Podcasting stuff and create your iTunes-Store compatible Podcast - check it works in the iTunes s/w, then mail me the Podcast url link and I'll submit it for you

once it's in you can do all the updating from your admin

Here's the Apple addresses for the two 7161 charts.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=121086761&s=143444

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=121085866&s=143444

Message 17/21             02-Feb-06  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Rags aka. Welder

Great, I've just sent you teh mail

Message 18/21             08-Feb-06  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

ok Rags i submitted it, they will send any correspondance about it to your gmx address.

Message 19/21             09-Feb-06  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Malcolm Jeffery

Cool you going to put op mix albums off selected stuff from the site on a regular basis?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 20/21             14-Feb-06  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

k

[image file]

Hey Rags   - it's in!

Cool you going to put op mix albums off selected stuff from the site on a regular basis?

Well, the 2 charts (dance/electronic and rock/metal/indie are already in itunes.

Message 21/21             14-Feb-06  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Get your Podcasts into iTunes shop

Rags .aka. Welder

Hey, dammit it is! I must have overlooked their mail...

Thanks man!

Viewing all 21 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)