aaa portamento problems in midi, using list - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: portamento problems in midi, using list

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             02-Feb-06  @  08:30 PM   -   portamento problems in midi, using list

music

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

IN CUBASE VST 5.2

http://aliaspail.com/PortamentoProb.JPG

view image above for reference. so i'm just trying to turn on portamento. in the list edit, before the notes play i turn on the portamento switch and set the portamento time. but i hear no portamento (slide) effect. any clues on what i'm missing?

thanks for your help.
bryan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Feb-06  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: portamento problems in midi, using list

k

Link?:  Link

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             03-Feb-06  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: portamento problems in midi, using list

k

dude, why dont you just do it in the controller lane?... i cant be arsed to get SX open now but i'm not sure your settings look right to me - oh, and is sx set to send controllers in the preferences?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             06-Feb-06  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: portamento problems in midi, using list

sox

M'sieur K Dude....

He said VST

No controller lanes....

I would suggest the problem might be your sound source...Microsoft GM Wavetable?????

sox

Message 5/6             07-Feb-06  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: portamento problems in midi, using list

psylichon

Just guessing here, but I believe the "portamento" midi message is a rarely-used standard (kind of roland keyboard controllers with "reverb" and "chorus" buttons that really only Roland synths respond to). Chances are your synth just doesn't respond to portamento, at least not "MIDI standard" portamento

Message 6/6             07-Feb-06  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: portamento problems in midi, using list

k

VST has controoller lanes... i meant in the piano-edit... the lower controller lanes. also i think the gm square lead 'should' support porta ok

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)