aaa Really big recording - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Really big recording

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             03-Feb-06  @  06:01 PM   -   Really big recording

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Do you think its safe to record say one and a half hours of audio to hard drive all in one go?

G5 X 2.00mhz x 2 160 gig drives and 2 gig ram logic pro 7 , just that ive never done that much
and wondered if any one has and is it safe you know how funny computers are sometimes
Cheers Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Feb-06  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Really big recording

milan

no problems at all, i do it all the time even on laptops. i suppose you have about 1.5 gigs free on your oh-so-tiny disks? ;)

Message 3/6             05-Feb-06  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Really big recording

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, but you need to set the max record time in logic cos it defaults to less than that and it'll just stop. If it's a critical recording and you only have one chance at it, i'd certainly do a few tests of letting it record from perhaps a radio tuner or a mic in the room or something to check it'll do it without probs

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             05-Feb-06  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Really big recording

milan

erm... i dont think Logic has had that limit since version 5?

Message 5/6             05-Feb-06  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Really big recording

k

Link?:  Link

really... ok

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             07-Feb-06  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Really big recording

Malcolm Jeffery

Hi everyone tried it ,works fine, just make sure maximum record time is enough as mentioned above
Cheers Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)