aaa Ambient Dance - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Ambient Dance

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             14-Feb-06  @  08:35 PM     Edit: 14-Feb-06  |  10:11 PM   -   Ambient Dance

nscope

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

dobbel post

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             14-Feb-06  @  08:36 PM     Edit: 14-Feb-06  |  10:11 PM   -   Ambient Dance

nscope

[image file]

dobbel post

Message 3/14             14-Feb-06  @  08:37 PM     Edit: 14-Feb-06  |  10:27 PM   -   Ambient Dance

nscope

[image file]

Ambient Dance track.. need review.

142 BPM

[24Bits]
[ Logic Audio ]

The track here
The Remix

Message 4/14             15-Feb-06  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

Rags .aka. Welder

File?:  No file

Original:

Right at start I had a deja vu, astral projection - searching for ufo-s if you know what I mean

Sounds are nice, warm, clear, no sharp edges, everything flows nicely... a bit on the conservative side, which can be just what you were after. Consider this as a personal remark from someone who likes things distorted to death: with this tempo, I'd make things a bit more agressive. Otherwise it is really soothing and gentle, but then maybe the tempo is a bit too much for the laid back atmosphere...

And yes, at the end I thought it is just a breakdown, but the song ended and left me wanting more. Also, a trance-ish tune with 140+ BPM usually STARTS at 4 minutes

Now, I might sound a bit negative, so lets put things into place: this is a very nice song, great percussions, tight mix, wonderful sounds... it just needs that 5% edge.. you know a strange voice, a sample, whatever, because it sounds too much "out-of-the box". And make it longer, it really deserves another 4 minutes with some kind of revelation.

Message 5/14             15-Feb-06  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

Rags .aka. Welder

the remix:

Now, we're talking   Also, sounds are much more un-earthy here, the piano might need a little bit of treatment (lfo?, short decay?) to help it assimilate into this synthetic soundscape. And again, too short, it just started, and it is already over... give us more!

Message 6/14             15-Feb-06  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

nscope

Rags .aka. Welder wrote:

Original:

Right at start I had a deja vu, astral projection - searching for ufo-s if you know what I mean

Sounds are nice, warm, clear, no sharp edges, everything flows nicely... a bit on the conservative side, which can be just what you were after. Consider this as a personal remark from someone who likes things distorted to death: with this tempo, Id make things a bit more agressive. Otherwise it is really soothing and gentle, but then maybe the tempo is a bit too much for the laid back atmosphere...

And yes, at the end I thought it is just a breakdown, but the song ended and left me wanting more. Also, a trance-ish tune with 140+ BPM usually STARTS at 4 minutes

Now, I might sound a bit negative, so lets put things into place: this is a very nice song, great percussions, tight mix, wonderful sounds... it just needs that 5% edge.. you know a strange voice, a sample, whatever, because it sounds too much out-of-the box. And make it longer, it really deserves another 4 minutes with some kind of revelation.

Yes thats was exatly what i was after thx for great feedback.

I agree that the tempo ..i gonna make it 137 or 140 BPM. Theres also 2 versions of this track..i am not sure wich of them i i shud work on. The remxi is 139 BPM.. I cud make it more agressiv i got now like 20 oscialtors running with LFO/ENV filthers and stuff kinda push my system to the limit hehe not sure i can put in more..i can add some voice and fx shud be ok..

I will post a new track with 4 mins when i got it compleat this was just a preiew for review and feedback   thx again..

Message 7/14             15-Feb-06  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

k

Link?:  Link

awesome graphic man!!... those mushies look good enuff to eat!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/14             15-Feb-06  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

nscope

k wrote:

awesome graphic man!!... those mushies look good enuff to eat!

hehe thx K   i dident model the mushies..even i am in to 3D graphcis..yeah would be nice to eat does digital mushies  

Message 9/14             16-Feb-06  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

k

mmmm.... a mushie punch made with with fresh lemons & lots of crushed ice!!

so, if one DID eat 'digital mushies', what'd happen... i wonder....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/14             16-Feb-06  @  03:32 PM     Edit: 16-Feb-06  |  03:33 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

nscope

k wrote:

mmmm.... a mushie punch made with with fresh lemons & lots of crushed ice!!

so, if one DID eat digital mushies, whatd happen... i wonder....

hehe good qeustion.. Maybe you be like me? digital freak.. jokeing

thx to rages great feedback i made a new track with some of the same sounds, trying to make it abit more agreesiv (had to overclock my CPU (AMD64) 140 BPM 6 min long.. and yes the voice is from a very cool moive..

finaly made the record..any feedback would great.

new track -> Platu

Message 11/14             16-Feb-06  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

Rags .aka. Welder

Very nice opening sounds, agressive drums, very good! At little more than 1/3rd I thought something big will come, but... you build up tension very well, but you know you should drop in some big, uplifting melody to give a solution to all of this, otherwise the whole track will go on and on, but no solution, no meaning, no blast... you get what I mean?

Again, this tune is too good not to take it one step further and introduce a melody that sums it up and makes it complete. Something ppl can hum. Something that can get on your nerves while you try to get some sleep. Also, don't worry about CPU load, render some parts into wav and use those instead of the "computationaly expensive" softsynths.

I know, it is much harder to go back and change things here and there if you've already calculated something to wav, but if you save incrementally, you can still go back and most importantly: it is always worth more to have the possibility to add things here and there than to be able to change those parts you've already laid down. At least I always end up with that

Message 12/14             16-Feb-06  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

k

yeah, nice, dude you should add a few tunes here.

Message 13/14             16-Feb-06  @  06:39 PM     Edit: 16-Feb-06  |  06:40 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

nscope

k wrote:

yeah, nice, dude you should add a few tunes here.

well, i got 25 oscilators..running at the same time..with 1 more synth or 1 more sample i get overload not kidding..i removed some filtheres shortend some env etc. tryed removed MS service and other CPU depended stuff..i got 12 channels on this track..i probly need to upgrade my system..no more polysfones..but i will try..also i will try get a female voice in..

What cud i add? any ideas? i will change some of the order of the sounds..that will give a "mid point".. gonna play around a few days with it..maybe i shud go back to hardware synths again :P i miss my waldorf and Access virus...

Message 14/14             17-Feb-06  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Ambient Dance

nscope

Rags .aka. Welder wrote:

Very nice opening sounds, agressive drums, very good! At little more than 1/3rd I thought something big will come, but... you build up tension very well, but you know you should drop in some big, uplifting melody to give a solution to all of this, otherwise the whole track will go on and on, but no solution, no meaning, no blast... you get what I mean?

Again, this tune is too good not to take it one step further and introduce a melody that sums it up and makes it complete. Something ppl can hum. Something that can get on your nerves while you try to get some sleep. Also, dont worry about CPU load, render some parts into wav and use those instead of the computationaly expensive softsynths.

I know, it is much harder to go back and change things here and there if youve already calculated something to wav, but if you save incrementally, you can still go back and most importantly: it is always worth more to have the possibility to add things here and there than to be able to change those parts youve already laid down. At least I always end up with that

yes i agree, i made some more mix out of it. someting more like this??

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot