aaa Emu_EMAX SE schematics? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Emu_EMAX SE schematics?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             10-Mar-06  @  05:07 AM   -   Emu_EMAX SE schematics?      [Link: Emu - EMAX 1]

hutchins

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

My EMAX SE sampling keyboard stopped turning on recently. I had it "trouble-shot" locally, but was informed that I would have to send it to Florida because EMU no longer handles repair. The Florida place won't provide schematics to my local experts, so that will cost $150 in shipping alone, and $25 minimum for what is probably a $5 part in the power supply. I think this repair scheme is bad business. It seems a shame that I will probably end up dumping a nice keyboard due to the unavailability of its schematic. It would be worth it to me to have it fixed locally....I certainly won't be buying from EMU again (and I like their gear: have Proteus/2, Proformance 1+, Proteus MPS /+Orchestral KB). Does anyone know where I can get a scematic within 89 days? Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             10-Mar-06  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: Emu_EMAX SE schematics?

k

Link?:  Link

dude, remember it's 20 years old!!!!!   I wouldnt critisize emu too much for after sales on an instrument that old.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             10-Mar-06  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Emu_EMAX SE schematics?

k

Link?:  Link

from the emulator archive:

Service Manuals/Schematics All E-mu products have an associated service manual which explains the theory of operation and contains detailed schematics and component listings. Contact E-mu Systems for these manuals, they are not available as web downloads. We have loaded various upgrade documents into the library.

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Manuals/manuals.html

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)