aaa has the Myspace agreement changed? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: has the Myspace agreement changed?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Mar-06  @  04:48 PM   -   has the Myspace agreement changed?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

# By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a back-up or residual copy of the Content posted by you may remain on the MySpace.com servers after you have removed the Content from the Services, and MySpace.com retains the rights to those copies. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Services.

um.....

you hereby grant to MySpace.com, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees)

This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a back-up or residual copy of the Content posted by you may remain on the MySpace.com servers after you have removed the Content from the Services, and MySpace.com retains the rights to those copies

hmmmm..... ok it's NON exclusive, but it doesnt seem like that's of any relevence if they can SUBlicence thru multiple tiers and retain your works after the agreed termination which kida surely makes the termination agreement worthless dunnit?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Mar-06  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: has the Myspace agreement changed?

Garuna

Link?: Link

That's not surprising... it's supposed to be for free tracks, more or less, you can opt to d/l as well as stream or stream alone. But yeah, if you have one track and you are planning on selling it on the internet, don't post it on myspace. You can put demo's or older stuff.

They have a great search engine which I've used to find people in a certain field. I'm just hoping it will avoid buy-out and commercialization for as long as possible. Please not another mp3.com.

Message 3/5             20-Mar-06  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: has the Myspace agreement changed?

beds

avoid buy-out?

you know who owns it do you?

Message 4/5             20-Mar-06  @  09:14 AM   -   RE: has the Myspace agreement changed?

k

Link?:  Link

dur dur dur d-d-dur d-d-dur (star wars 'empire' march)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             21-Mar-06  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: has the Myspace agreement changed?

Garuna

Oh nooo ....... it's prune face!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot