aaa The lost song for Lilya Litvak - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The lost song for Lilya Litvak

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             04-Apr-06  @  10:37 AM     Edit: 01-Jun-06  |  06:46 AM   -   The lost song for Lilya Litvak

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

(edit)
Thanks for everybody for taking the time to listen and comment! I think this one has got more publicity than it deserved

Have you heard Viral Antidote yet? I think it is truly amazing in its simplicity.

Also, there is a remix of the lost song and some other recent stuff here.

Cheers,
Rags

---------------8<------------------------8<------------------------8<------------------------8<---------

Cheers Folks,

I had this one lying around for a while... the funny thing is, I've always considered it to be somehting like an unfinished version of a "nice try, but something is missing" kind of tune. Now today I was browsing my work PC (!) for something to listen to and I was pretty much surprised by the fact that I've actually finished it sometime, but when did I do it, I couldn't fucking remember any more. I am not even sure if I have the source files, I usually triple-backup everything, so it should be there SOMEWHERE  

Time to start taking those cavinton pills innit?

Also, that mp3 file had a rather stupid title, so I shall dedicate this song to the memory of Lilya Litvak. (http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/litvak/litvak.htm)

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

The Lost Song

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             31-May-06  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: The lost song for Lilya Litvak

2nd mouse

Hi Rags

I like the unusual start , although the bit-crushed rhythm has a touch of the ear-piercings about it.
The drop has just happened and im waiting for something to kick in , but it doesnt look like its gonna happen. As much as i like the chord-play , something needs to happen cos it sounds like it should be leading into something quite powerful like a huge future sound of london style , massively compressed beat , but it thwarts me , and leaves me feeling a bit frustrated , like when ya got " blue balls " when ya were a kid , if ya know what i mean. Whats here is good but it needs to be developed and continue its story.

Message 3/5             31-May-06  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: The lost song for Lilya Litvak

Rags .aka. Welder

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment... as I said, this is more like an abandoned song, and it depends entirely on my mood if I classify it as "finished" or "almost finished". And probably it will stay as it is... But I hate to leave things unfinished, so I made a remix ( Angels 5 ) that is more or less a new track with some elements salvaged from the old one.

Cheers,
Rags

Message 4/5             31-May-06  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: The lost song for Lilya Litvak

SDUB

Angels 5 has a cool intro and then when the beat comes in I like it. It is a bit decimated which is cool. A lot of cool elements in this song...something to just chill out too and ride the ride.

Message 5/5             01-Jun-06  @  04:37 AM   -   RE: The lost song for Lilya Litvak

urbicide

Link?:  No link

I got slapped in the ear last night... still feeling the piercing effects... sounds like my ear is running at 8 bit when things get real loud... must sleep to heal. ANYHOW.

it seemed a little piercing. sumtin tells me you were having a good time makin this.

I would let this one sit. The bitcrunch does take away from the needs of the trancey meoldy. there's some decent elements that could work in the right order.

I've given up pretty much on making music... I mix now and master, etc... But I always seemed to run in organization issues with tunage... what part goes where and why.... turns out I spent so much time rethinking it, that I wasted so much time on a song that doesnt have the good ele's to rethink with.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)