aaa Inspiritus - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Inspiritus

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             20-Apr-06  @  04:44 PM   -   Inspiritus

SDUB

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I would've posted the song here, but I am not allowed it to be dwnlded right now. Anyway, if you would like a listen then you can here.

It starts playing right away. Let me know what you think!!! I appreciate it!!!!

Peace out yo'!

TimothyP:

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             21-Apr-06  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

k

Link?:  Link

dude, i couldnt find it & gave up, tbh the text on that site is WAY too small for a high res screen

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/20             21-Apr-06  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

thank you K for the font problem, I made some adjustments.

when you go to the site the song starts plaing on the bottom on the player, only one in there.

Thanks

Message 4/20             21-Apr-06  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

k

ah i see, it's not good quality tho by the sound of it, lo-fi always robs all the attack from kickdrums etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/20             21-Apr-06  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

yea i agree, if i put it any higher quality it would lag for the user to load the page...too bad

Message 6/20             22-Apr-06  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

k

awww...  

not bad tho, hey, so how did you get ut placed?

Message 7/20             24-Apr-06  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

k wrote:not bad tho, hey, so how did you get ut placed?

Get what placed where?

Message 8/20             24-Apr-06  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

admin

Link?:  No link

get the track placed with the label

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 9/20             29-Apr-06  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

Musineer Productions

I Like the tune, though the writing is certainly BIG! Don't know what it was like before to prompt K's comment!!

Didj (or yidaki, or whatever you choose to call it) is always good for me. The beat was easy and smooth. The voice I liked, especially where you fed it backwards towards the end.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, the panning was a bit extreme on the voice for the style of tune. To my ears you missed the chance of a 'circular' pan, with the voice spinning/turning around the spectrum.

Liked the website as well. Good to see something other than boxes.

You mentioned the load-lag. Do you have Flash? You could create two buttons, one to stream hi-fi for broadband users, the other lo-fi for modem users.

If you don't have Flash (or find it too arsy to learn), for about $20 you can get MP3 Sound Stream (www.mp3soundstream.com), which is a little program that creates lo-fi .swf (flash) files and presents them in a controller (play/stop/etc) all ready to go online. If you can make hi-fi swf files you can replace the lo-fi file and have streaming audio without much hassle or expense!

Message 10/20             29-Apr-06  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

k

lol, yeah thats a huge step up in fontsize. I only meant bump it up by 2 or 3 points

Message 11/20             30-Apr-06  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

Influx

LOL!

dude.....usually on a website, your "bio" isnt your entire life story. I started to read it, but...you need some serious lessons in being succinct

I didnt hear the track..dunno why...

Message 12/20             01-May-06  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

thanks for the comments all....i wanted to do the big big fonts...i kinda like it....

Yea Influx, you are right...i tend to be long winded without being too concise..

Message 13/20             01-May-06  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

Musineer Productions wrote:

I Like the tune, though the writing is certainly BIG! Dont know what it was like before to prompt Ks comment!!

Didj (or yidaki, or whatever you choose to call it) is always good for me. The beat was easy and smooth. The voice I liked, especially where you fed it backwards towards the end.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, the panning was a bit extreme on the voice for the style of tune. To my ears you missed the chance of a circular pan, with the voice spinning/turning around the spectrum.

Liked the website as well. Good to see something other than boxes.

You mentioned the load-lag. Do you have Flash? You could create two buttons, one to stream hi-fi for broadband users, the other lo-fi for modem users.

If you dont have Flash (or find it too arsy to learn), for about $20 you can get MP3 Sound Stream (www.mp3soundstream.com), which is a little program that creates lo-fi .swf (flash) files and presents them in a controller (play/stop/etc) all ready to go online. If you can make hi-fi swf files you can replace the lo-fi file and have streaming audio without much hassle or expense!

This is a really good idea, I will look at this option.

Message 14/20             01-May-06  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

Influx

SDUB@SLOWORM.COM wrote:

thanks for the comments all....i wanted to do the big big fonts...i kinda like it....

Yea Influx, you are right...i tend to be long winded without being too concise..

I actually thought maybe you were ESL.

if its sorta just your "site" for rambling, fine...but...if youre trying to present your work for possible publication or anything...you need to tighten things up a great deal

and the huge text needs to go.

sorry, I know this wasnt supposed to be a criticism of the site itself but they go hand in hand if youre trying to promote your music

Message 15/20             01-May-06  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

just out of curiousity, what is it about the big text you don't like?

Message 16/20             02-May-06  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

k

no it's ok... it's just a big change i'm saying, that's all

Message 17/20             03-May-06  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

Influx

its just too big. 12 or 14 point would be plenty

Message 18/20             03-May-06  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

k

well yeah.... i spose it is, i dont mind it, but yes, i'd go down to smaller font like Influx suggests

Message 19/20             03-May-06  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Inspiritus

SDUB

cool, i put it down a bit, and it is still a little big but smaller so it isn't slamming your face....thanks for the suggestion...

Message 20/20             05-May-06  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: Inspiritus

Musineer Productions

Hi again,

I like the music player in the bottom frame. Could this be a problem with search engines? Do you care? What is that player? Did you download it or design it yourself? Neat solution.

For what it's worth, I think you've got the font size about right. The text increase/decrease function in Firefox works, so those who like it bigger or smaller can have their way. I asume the text in the tabs is a picture, as they don't resize, but that stops untidy menus and I reckon they're easy to read as is.

Perhaps other posters have a point about too much info, though we can always stop reading (and perhaps my site's guilty of the opposite!). One man's porridge is another man's glue.

Could you have a list of tunes within the player frame? To the right where all that blank space is?

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot