aaa New tracks swapping - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New tracks swapping

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             24-Apr-06  @  07:19 PM   -   New tracks swapping

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Haven't posted for a bit. Been meaning to, but well, you know how it is...reading but not posting. I've been becoming an FE teacher... now I'm not...obviously just been through some sort of mid-life crisis.

Finally put three tunes up, but when I look at the chart listing I only see one (read the rest before you slag my ego!)

I know you might all be philistines and ignoranti and not vote for any of my tunes, but some did or I wouldn't have one tune there. Thing is, when I refresh the browser, the name of the tune changes to a name of one of the other tunes I loaded!

Which tune do folk vote for? I can't tell.

There's some really interesting stuff at the moment. Why didn't channel 4 just link up with dancetech?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             24-Apr-06  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

admin

Link?:  No link

well it seems to just display the one track, 'You Must Be Free You Will Have Democracy'... i agree, the music has always been ecclectic... It'd be so cool to get some sponsorship or something cos we also have radio streaming server working, but no premises for the deejays to come and do sets.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/11             24-Apr-06  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

beds

why do they have to be there k? it's the interweb ffs. you can stream from anywhere

Message 4/11             24-Apr-06  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

admin

Link?:  No link

hmmm.. this is a point..

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 5/11             25-Apr-06  @  02:24 AM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

Musineer Productions

Hmmm, yes, it's not doing it now! Odd.

Thanks to K and Welder for the reviews to Running Late. I've taken the hint about the lo-fi 'Appy The Loon and will upload a hi-fi one after writing this. It's a buzz to know someone still listens to it!

Scuse the ignorance, but is the radio thing along the idea of a Quicktime Broadcaster? (There's one called Pirate Radio for the PC) Isn't that streaming mp3? Coudn't DJs do their thang then upload it to DT for broadcast on Radio DT?

The problem as I see it for online radio is getting the audience, and DT already has that.

Yes to Radio Dancetech! Write to your MPs!

Message 6/11             25-Apr-06  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

k

Link?:  Link

well if we ever setup a label, we'd definatley want to add some of your music to a CD comp

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/11             25-Apr-06  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

Musineer Productions

Aw shucks! I'd be honoured!

Message 8/11             28-Apr-06  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

Maarten

Hi there, listened to the three tracks, liked the second one best.. beer toxisomething.. has a really good feel to it, imo perfect balance - really laidback, nice melody going on... Democracy was a very good listen too, last one didn't do much for me though... I do appreciate chaos but it felt too off for my likings.  

Message 9/11             29-Apr-06  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

Musineer Productions

Maarten, I've been listening to your dj thing. You do appreciate chaos! What's that whistling sound?

Beer or Blooms Taxonomy was done whilst studying for a teacher's qualification. The Bloom bit is revolutionary stuff! Basically says that learning parrot fashion is not as thorough an understanding of something as being able to evaluate it. In other words, it's one thing to be able to say 'Een half pond rundergehakt alstublieft' (sp?) and hope to walk away with something for a chilli, but it's better to know what 'paardevlees' means if you're particular about flavour!

Can't fault the logic, but I had to waffle on enough to have written an essay - and the deadline was looming. Marstons Pedigree was on the shelf. Cubase was but but a few clicks from Word. By early morning I'd done this tune. Glad you liked the balance, I'm never satisfied, and the brightness changed converting to mp3.

You Must Be Free You Will Have Democracy is a fairly obvious comment. Felt like making it all the same. Again I'm not happy with the final mix, but the missus plays it and said I should post it. Loads of war sounds from tanks to explosions, ricochets, etc ('guns were fired, then reloaded' as the line goes from another tune, Lust of Fools, which is in a similar vein).

Running Late is about driving an old car when really late for something, like work. You know, when you've been too interested in where you were and now you're driving somewhat faster than is sensible for road or car, going 'shitshitshitshitshit..etc'. Anxious, demonstrative, yet ultimately controlled.

What IS that whistling sound? 10kHz test tone? It seems to be as loud in the kitchen as up here in the studio

Message 10/11             29-Apr-06  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

Maarten

Kilo should rename that section- I don't even have turntables, it was more of a press record and bind all of the patterns on the sequencers type thing
Your description of Running Late suddenly does make the tune totally fall into place. Can perceive the whole scene and hear the ratteling of car parts very vividly now... BTW, no spelling error as far as I could see but think I'd prefer the mince over that other stuff

Message 11/11             29-Apr-06  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: New tracks swapping

k

Link?:  Link

That Bloom eh!... a funny lot those educationalists. I read that Skinner said on his deathbed he made a huge mistake treating poeple like pigeons, lol...

converge, diverge, accomodate, assimilate.... eeee.. more spiralling to do eh?... it never stops

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot