aaa Least Offensive Music - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Least Offensive Music

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             23-May-06  @  08:44 PM   -   Least Offensive Music + Others

BOO

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've got a couple of new tracks up.

www.dancetech.com/~boo

Least Offensive Music.

Cut up, found sound stuff. Dark Electro with Jittery Breakbeats made from coins being dropped on the table. I recorded the crows in the canyon near my apartment. Fairly moody sounding stuff.

Automatic.

Discordant Acid Electro. Sliced and diced tb303 knob tweaks with sliced and stuttered beats. Track elvolves into an ugly/pretty adventure in bum notes and found sounds.

Rain Tonight.

Abandoned track. Vocals over a breakbeat thing. More commerical and clubby sounding, I guess. I need to do something with those damn drums, but this kind of thing isn't what I like to write anymore.

Anyway....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             23-May-06  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

woland_ex

Yo!

Least Offensive track:

I like it, the high freq. ticking is sounds like an old aphex twin track, called "ON".

Great work. Short, minimal, but full of feelings.

Automatic:

until 3:50 its too minimal for me, but after that I like the leads and the whole stuff.

Rain Tonight:

The drums sounds asskicking good. The bassline too. This is track is the best for my taste from that couple of tracks. The gated accords are great too. Nice job.

best regards,
woland ex

Message 3/16             24-May-06  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

Rags .aka. Welder

least offensive music:

Abstract madness, very well done! Love that dark opening. Even the crows are scared to shit I guess  

automatic:
Another day in the borg-factory, supervisor droid controlls the manufacturing process with his 303. They hate him. Plan rebellion. They fail. Again. The reversed 303 sample laughs at them, but they dream about freedom every day.

rain tonight:
Listening. Nice drums. Nice bass. Too flabby hihats I think, but that doesn't matter. It is great is some respect, and in the other it points to the direction of your other tracks. Sort of "good bye dancefloor, wellcome darkness". But still it is good on its own right.

Solid stuff!

Message 4/16             24-May-06  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

nutoniom

will listen later. got your message but couldn't answer some how, got a 404

Message 5/16             24-May-06  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

Moujik

Always nice to see new tracks from you - always good stuff.

Least Offensive Music - was a bit disappointed with the shortness; good track but it ended just when I thought it should be kicking in!

Automatic: Yeah, cool - no messing around with an intro, straight into it! Actually, reading Woland's comments, this reminds me of the newer stuff that Aphex Twin has put out, the 'Analord' series. Pad sound that kicks in ~4.00 is excellent, works really well with the 303. Really like this one!

Rain Tonight: Less keen on this, but works well I think. I like the bassline. Vocoded (?) vocal seems to dominate everything when listening on lo-fi stream, can't tell if it's a level or EQ issue (or I could be talking bollocks!).

Overall really good work - keep it up.

Message 6/16             26-May-06  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

nutoniom

loved Automatic, really.

but damn you, i wanted to do a crow laden track and now you've ruined it. I have a couple circling around my lair and wanted to record them, but haven't got enough lead to reach the kitchen, grrrr.

good stuff

Message 7/16             28-May-06  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

BOO

Link?:  Link

Hey, thanks for listening guys!   Long time, no see! Thanks for your comments - Most
appreciated!

I'm going to extend Least offensive music out to about 6 mins or so. I want to take it into really
dark and heavy territory. At the minute, it's light and skittery. Electro sounding. I want it to
evolve into something thick and really doom laden.

Automatic was just me dragging the 303 out on a whim last Saturday. I haven't used it in ages,
so I had to dust it off and get tweaking. A fun mess around that became a full track, really. I kept
it minimal until the end to give it a kind of payoff. Again, kinda Aphex influenced with cut ups
happening, but more nods and winks to '80s Electro.

Rain tonight is a track I just got my vocalist to sing over a little loop I had going. I just got a
short, hooky phrase. I agree that the hats are too washy. I need some little ticks in there, really.
Something dancefloor friendly. It's in need of a mix, but I just wanted to get it out there. I'm
probably not going to pursue this style of music anymore, but it was fun doing it.

nutoniom - I PM'd you about shiip. Really dark track. Nice stuff. I've done a bunch of crow
tracks. I bloody love crows, me.

Thanks again, all!

Message 8/16             29-May-06  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

k

yeah a bit short that first one, you just get into it and.........

automatic got me straight away cos i'm a sucker for that 303  

Rain Tonight, great rim/snare sound, cracking! - best mix for me of all of them, very nice mix, great retro-y crossover electro/techno-trance... why abandoned?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/16             29-May-06  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

BOO

Hello K!

You sent me a private message or something, but I can't read it....   Was it just a test or
something?

I'm going to extend least offensive!   I'm glad people like it enough to be upset with its
shortness!

Yeah, Automatic. I just had to use the 303. It's a crime that it doesn't get used that often.

I'm surprised you like the snare sound in rain tonight. It always bothered me for some reason.
It's abandoned as a general style. It was just a dabbling in clubby breakbeat stuff on a whim. I
guess it was too 'trendy' a while back, or something. I'm trying to avoid getting sucked into
passing trends. I guess it could be a side project along with my older stuff, but a little cheesy for
me these days. I'm glad people like it, though. My main work is now electro/techno and
industrial crossovers, along with more experimental electro tracks (like the others on my page)
I'm drawn to the darker stuff.  

Thanks man!

Message 10/16             29-May-06  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

k

i sent you a private message?... where? on this site?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/16             30-May-06  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

BOO

Yeah, K. On this site. Gave me an error upon trying to read it. Unless, it's a glitch or
something... Others have mentioned similar things happening to them.

Message 12/16             30-May-06  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

k

Wow really?... so you can get into the PM bit, but get an error if you click to read a listed message?

can you tell me the error message please cos i cant see a problem and it works for me ok & some others (might be an old cookie issue therefore if it's not a problem for everyone)

Message 13/16             30-May-06  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

nutoniom

got a 404 myself, tryng to reply to a pm from Boo

Message 14/16             31-May-06  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

2nd mouse

Hi Boo -- i know you'll probably not wanna hear this but " least offensive music " reminds me of New years day by U2 cos of the piano. It is very short an i cant really comment any more than that

Message 15/16             31-May-06  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

BOO

K,

The message is really old.... My bad. It was sent in 99!

It's entitled "xdfgdzfgdzf", so I'm guessing it's a test or summat....

Um, that's 7 years ago!

I should check my PMs more often! ;)

2nd mouse: U2? Why you little... I haven't heard much U2, so I dunno if that's a compliment or
not. Bono is a prick though...

Ta for listening!

Message 16/16             01-Jun-06  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: Least Offensive Music

urbicide

Link?:  No link

least offensive's got a cool Rob Zombie/Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe to it. I wasn't diggin the beats on top of the spook.

automatic's got a tight loop thing going with the 303... I kind of would go into the realm of staying with ryhthymic elements. The pad type sound was too much creepy.

rain tonight: mix needs help, but it's alright. not my thing.

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)