aaa new member with a coupe of new trks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new member with a coupe of new trks

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             26-May-06  @  03:32 PM     Edit: 26-May-06  |  03:33 PM   -   new member with a coupe of new trks

smrdouk

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
I'v posted a couple of new(ish) well they were my first attempts about a year old now, im currently working on new stuff and for mpart of a 5 sonf mini album.

Would love to hear ant thoughts /feeback if anyone feels like it.
Many thanks
Mark

8:15 bulletin

crkvica

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             26-May-06  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

Nice tracks. Crkvica has a rather strange change around 3:05, and also you're using way too much reverb on both of them I think. I would cut back on reverb, especially on the drums, it smears together everything a bit too much.

Crkvica starts very gentle, it evolves into a nice song, but from around 2:0 it remains quite static... except that guitar part you introduce around 3:00... so add breakdowns I think, that would break up the thing and also make it a bit longer, and use reverb more sparsely, at the moment it really sounds like a recording from a bathtube-party

Anyway welcome and please consider that english is not my first language, and I am typing this half asleep, and that also makes me a bit picky.

Message 3/10             27-May-06  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

smrdouk

hi,
thanks for your reply. I'll bear that in mind, these were kind of learning process so will try and hold back abit on the new stuff. All feedback is cool though so cheers for that..

Message 4/10             28-May-06  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

Rags .aka. Welder

No worries, all I wanted is to provide a bit of a constructive feedback... so don't hold the new stuff back!

Message 5/10             28-May-06  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, a bit too much verb perhaps i agree. otherwise, it's ok, although it sounds like there's been no use of any hi-pass or lo-cut filters, everything has a rumbly botton-end on it, even the vocal sample and stuff that might benefit from rolling off the bottom end which overally is therefore slightly overloaded. I like the drums alot, subtle little variation touches but cool. The guitar sound could be better. It sounded like mebbe it was di'd straight in so it has that slightly 'elestic-band' quality to it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             28-May-06  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

k

Link?:  Link

welcome by the way

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/10             04-Jun-06  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

smrdouk

cheers again, for the feedback, been on hols so only just able to reply

Message 8/10             06-Jun-06  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

Jock Munro

hey, I like 8.15 Bulletin. Its really good. Its got a classic chord change in, but its done differently. I like the continuos phasing pad you got going all the way thru it. Love the guitar sequence that you only hear right at the end.

I'm listening to Crkvica right now, the drums have kicked in. Cool. I cant really comment one what the others have said, K talking about filters and stuff. I'm listening to it headphones. I've never been very good at the technical side of things. But I like this a lot. I like the drum programming, and the break with the guitar going is good.

At the end of the day, both tracks are very good. Crkvica is more stomping with more attitude, and its a very good track.

Definately loose some of the reverb on the drums, as its swamping the track a bit. Let yer pads and fx do the reverb. Usually drums should be left dry.

I really like those two tracks.

Message 9/10             07-Jun-06  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

smrdouk

thanks a lot Jock, nice to get any kind of feedback as im learning about this production stuff.
looking forward to getting some new stuff finished although as ever not enough time..
cheers again

Message 10/10             12-Jun-06  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: new member with a coupe of new trks

urbicide

i like what u created... but the melodies dont have gimmicks in my ears....

chill and vibey. I wonder why some elements in the periodic table of charts dont mix right with others. maybe its the meaning of what they are.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)