aaa its that time of the year again.... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: its that time of the year again....

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             30-May-06  @  10:45 PM   -   its that time of the year again....

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I gotto get a new sound card, I'm suffering big time midi timing stutters and electrical "pops" and crackles. Well annoying. So I dusted off the music equipment and had a bash today.

Anyway, heres another piece of crap I knocked up today before the PC finally died on me.

Overland Part 4

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             31-May-06  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: its that time of the year again....

2nd mouse

Hi Jock

As soon as i heard this , i immediately thought of Jean michel jarre cos of that pad the chords are usin. Love the little upscale arpeggios too ( reminds me of the oxygene album very very much man ).
Its really well done , but due to my own preferences , its personally not my thing just because of the straight boom chick boom chick nature of the rhythm , but it IS recorded very well , and in terms of eq and overall sound , you got no gripes from me !!

Message 3/5             31-May-06  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: its that time of the year again....

Jock Munro

hello mate

cheers for the reply.

aye, the pad was from my old Elka Synthex run through a Electroharmonix Smallstone Phaser. From which I am reliably informed Jarre did use on Oxygene (the fx pedal). But he had an Eminent 310 organ running through it with a string preset for that classic Oxygene and Equinoxe pad sound.

The run up arpeggio was just an MS2000, deliberately trying to rip off Oxygene ! he heh, good old Jarre. Shame his recent stuff isnt as good as his old stuff.

The whole boom chick boom chick thing wasnt my original plan. Due to the facking awful problems with Cubase I had to dump the sample loops and the timing I was using, and all the drum programming and resort to the usual simple 4/4 BD/HH formula coz Cubase simply couldnt handle it. Well annoying indeed.

I need a better sound card !

Anyway, cheers

Jock

Message 4/5             31-May-06  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: its that time of the year again....

Jock Munro

Damn I just realised you got a soundclick link. I am listening to your stuff now.

Its gonna take me all thru the night to listen to it all. But from what I am hearing. You bastard. Talk about cool and totally outside that generic crappy formula of the usual piece of synth music.

I like. Wow.

Message 5/5             31-May-06  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: its that time of the year again....

2nd mouse

Thanks a lot Jock -- if ya like what i do ( the production sucks half the time heheh ) an ya wanna meet some really cool people -- come here -- its a forum ive started called " Future State Of Rhythm " ( FSOR ) and youre more than welcome to join us

http://www.takeforum.com/forum/index.php?mforum=jabberwocky

Hope to see ya there !!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)