aaa 3 tracks added to my songlist - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 3 tracks added to my songlist

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Jun-06  @  10:47 PM   -   3 tracks added to my songlist

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hello again. thanks for your comments on my last two tracks, ive now added three more, your opinions would be very welcome. "spiritworld" is a composition by myself, "faith" (had to rename it faith and trust to be able to upload) and y.o.u are composed by me but under the band name nation to nation, with vocals and guitars by two very good friends of mine, paul groom and tim roberts. hope you enjoy them. dave.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             16-Jun-06  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: 3 tracks added to my songlist

SDUB

Link?: Link

y.o.u. i am not too keen on the vocal. I like the other elements in the song though. It seems i just don't dig the tonal qualities of the singer or the delivery.

faith is pretty cool, moves along interestingly. Sometimes i like the vocal in this one, but something about the tone and delivery gets on my nerves.

nice atmosphere though.

Message 3/7             19-Jun-06  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: 3 tracks added to my songlist

dave pugh

thanks for your response sdub. have had many varied comments about vocals on those two tracks, most saying i should have left them instrumental! got a favourable review in future music for y.o.u tho. the songs are very dark and tense, did you get a chance to listen to "spiritworld" this is part of my own stuff im working on at the moment. thanks again. dave.

Message 4/7             21-Jun-06  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: 3 tracks added to my songlist

k

wow, that spiritworld is great!! fantastic stuff!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             21-Jun-06  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: 3 tracks added to my songlist

k

faith & trust, i think the drone's a bit loud in the middle, but otherwise great stuff again, I like the 'prog-band' vocals as well

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/7             21-Jun-06  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: 3 tracks added to my songlist

k

y.o.u - nice reverse sound intro   - yeah, it's ok, i think there's some messiness between the vocal range and the midrange pads and other sounds which removes the body of the vocal and makes it sound thinner & less intimate which might have been preferable for the whole vibe... in other words, i'm not keen on the mix so much in terms of the choices of frequencies for things together, but i like the track, although i like it least of the 3 - I'd mebbe try some remoxes working on the vox to get them warm and intimate and close and then work on the other wid stuff like the guitar distortion and pads to work them around the vocal using freq choices and panning stuff perhaps to create more space for the vox

Message 7/7             21-Jun-06  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: 3 tracks added to my songlist

dave pugh

glad you liked the tracks k, i really appreciate your advice. im quite proud of "spiritworld" you and faith are oldish now,just wanted to give you guys an idea of what i used to do compared to what im doing now. its given me a huge lift getting positive feedback, i was a bit nervous about putting my songs on the internet. thanks again.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)