aaa Dark Digi Dub 02 - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Dark Digi Dub 02

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             16-Jun-06  @  11:25 PM   -   Dark Digi Dub 02

BOO

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.dancetech.com/~boo

Dark Digi Dub 02. I threw this together last night. It's spooked out Dub with samples and cut ups of some secret recordings I did in a public space.

Lots of echos, verbs and nasty synths. Sounds nicely analogue due to some secret sauce I've concocted.

The slowest track I've ever done. I wonder if I can get slower?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             19-Jun-06  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

SDUB

i like the vibe and elements you have...sweet mang!

It sounds like you put a slow tape saturation emulation on it? Is that your special concacktion!?

Message 3/12             21-Jun-06  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

k

Link?:  Link

yeah Boo, nice... I'm working on a bit of dub meself as it goes with a flautist, nice track!... I'm very fussy about me dub & reggea and your's has got all the authentic qualities of someone who knows the genre... only criticism would be i'm not so keen on the dry snare sound , it's a bit flat, thin and weedy sounding. I'd layer it with some rimshot or something cos it's a bit flat... it's got some sort of phasey-ness to it which is removing it's snappi-ness and body. Nice wobbly bass btw  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/12             21-Jun-06  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

BOO

Thanks SDUB! I'm really trying to get the vibe right. Spooky, dark, dubby. The secret sauce is
a
secret mix technique I'm developing. Shhhhh.

Thanks!

Hey K,

Yeah, I was brought up with dub. My Dad is absolutely mad on the stuff. I grew with him playing
LSP and King Tubby, so I guess it rubbed off a little bit.

If I try and make straight stuff, it just sounds odd because I'm not using real instruments, so I
thought I'd go for the weirder route and fuse it with secret recordings and cheap nasty synths,
TG style. Almost Dark drum 'n' bass sounds.

I see what you mean about the snare. It's very light. I think I was going for a contrast beween
it and the big echo + spring effect. Maybe too much contrast. I'll try pairing it with something
with more bite like you say.

Heh, wobbly bass. I'm pretty happy with it. It's simple, but works ok.  

I think I'm going to slowly evolve the background ambience into something a little more sinister,
too. Slowly lower the track into a nasty place.

Thanks for the comments!

Message 5/12             21-Jun-06  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

k

yeah, I got together with a flute player and we messed about trying some stuff. It seems to work so we're gonna get together again and do it properly... we did this quick session in a few hours just to see hwo the thing would sound

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF6794656592.mp3&dt_track_id=10955

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/12             23-Jun-06  @  07:58 AM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

BOO

Hey, that's nice. Smooth. I'm liking the flute in there. Cool, dreamy stuff. What's the rhythm
part? A clavinet?

Message 7/12             23-Jun-06  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

k

yeah, one of logic's included instruments... i think it needs bumping by 3 or 4 bpm actualy, but we gottta redo stuff so we can up the tempo a tad

Message 8/12             23-Jun-06  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

SDUB

k wrote:

yeah, I got together with a flute player and we messed about trying some stuff. It seems to work so were gonna get together again and do it properly... we did this quick session in a few hours just to see hwo the thing would sound

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF6794656592.mp3&dt_track_id=10955

hey K this track is pretty killer,,but can you do me a solid...when you guys finalize the track make sure those 'dub' hits are more pronunced ....do some that are subtle like you had and also some that are absolutly raped...i really hear that in the track sometimes...

Message 9/12             23-Jun-06  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

k

that was odd, the actual automation was in the right position to raise the send just before the snare hit, but it was randomly playing the automation late on those snare & keyboard 'blips' to the delay... possibly it was the e-mu cos i never had that issue with other soundcard & logic. usualy the automation is tight

Message 10/12             23-Jun-06  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

milan

rasta! a righteous tunes dem mon! play dem tunes fo' tha soundman yah

heheh cool... but kilo, dats a righteous dub mon! let us hear the finished version sometimes

Message 11/12             26-Jun-06  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

Moujik

Really nice couple of tunes guys.... am a sucker for a nice bit of filthy dub

Message 12/12             27-Jun-06  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Dark Digi Dub 02

k

heh, sure, cheers fer the props mate... more to come hopefuly. Apparently the woman i worked with also has a japanese flute, that'll be well cool

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot