aaa new track, 'distant glimmer' - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new track, 'distant glimmer'

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             31-Jul-06  @  11:40 PM   -   new track, 'distant glimmer'

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hi again, been working on this track over past week, well, hour or so in the evenings if my 2 year old daughter allows me! would love to get some feedback . thanks all. dave.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             01-Aug-06  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Atmospheric piece.

Not enough to be a soundscape, yet in that area. I Like the 'conversation on a mobile phone' voice (brock_n, st__teri_g wo_ds), and the big bass drum double beat near the end.

As you ask for feedback, in my humble opinion it needs more noises, with each soundtexture related to the next somehow (wherein lies the skill/art in it). I like the sparse feel, but a single synth note doesn't hold my attention - whereas some incidental textures I haven't heard before, bubbling away in the background, does.

Message 3/8             01-Aug-06  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

k

nice intro 'dig' synth....... i like the vocal, kinda agree with Musineer, it's quite subtle, perhaps slightly empty. More like some film incidental score kinda thing. if you had images to accompany it'd work well, but as a piece alone of audio, mebbe it's kinda not 100% finished?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             01-Aug-06  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

dave pugh

thanks for your input , your right k, it isnt finished, was at a point of not noing where to go with it, so i thought with a little feedback from yourselves i could get some new ideas. have recently been in contact with a guitarist who is working on another of my tracks, think he may have some good ideas. will upload a new version soon. thanks again. dave.

Message 5/8             02-Aug-06  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

Rags .aka. Welder

I think its rather good, scary, lige being stuck in a dark basement where the ligth switch doesn't work, and then you see a distant light of an old radio that makes strange noises, and you want to go there, but who knows what lurks in the dark.

Message 6/8             02-Aug-06  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

dave pugh

thanks rags, sometimes forget ambient music is supposed to be non intrusive and you just let your imagination run away! mind you , is scary intrusive?

Message 7/8             03-Aug-06  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

Rags .aka. Welder

"ambient music is supposed to be non intrusive"

Aaah, I never thought about it that way...

hmmmmm.... "non-intrusive music" is itself an oxymoron, I mean what is the use of a piece of music that doesn't make any effect on you (apart from the questionably impossible technical and artistic achievment of creating a piece of music that has absolutely no effect on any listening individual)...

Message 8/8             03-Aug-06  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: new track, 'distant glimmer'

dave pugh

personally i believe that just by 'being' all music is intrusive, just as any noise/spoken word etc. the "ambient music as non intrusive" quote came from a brian eno interveiw i read somewhere, i think maybe he was trying to convey that the genre of ambient music should enhance any given atomosphere rather than challenge the listener, i think i managed to contradict myself.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)