aaa given the choice which'd u prefer? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: given the choice which'd u prefer?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             12-Aug-06  @  07:09 PM   -   given the choice which'd u prefer?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

given the choice which'd u prefer?...

1. the ability to sell your music online as physical CD's which you send out to cutomers who order.....

or

2. sell your music as downloads?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             12-Aug-06  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

dave pugh

like the thought of both! the idea of having a finished album, covers and all, would be a wonderfull feeling. to make some money back from downloads would be cool so as to be able to reinvest in newer music equipment. but i get great joy just from people listening to my tracks and getting feedback,be it positive or critical.

Message 3/8             13-Aug-06  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

If I had to choose I would say downloadable, as real disks have a lot of overhead costs (production, graphics, etc...) compared to the download. And lets face it: compact disks are the past, I know they are nice and shiny, and you can hold them in your hands, but on the downside they take up a lot space, get scratched, you have to convert them into mp3 to be able to play

Message 4/8             13-Aug-06  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

Moujik

Downloads.

But - ideally with high-bitrate/FLAC options, so people could burn to CD f they were so inclined.

Message 5/8             13-Aug-06  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

k

yeah, whats the compression ratio like on that flac?, never used it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/8             13-Aug-06  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

Rags .aka. Welder

http://flac.sourceforge.net/comparison.html

around 0.3 to 0.6... I think the typical is around 0.5 something

Message 7/8             14-Aug-06  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

SDUB

definatly download with the option of hardcopy

Message 8/8             15-Aug-06  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: given the choice which'd u prefer?

nutoniom

download would be better. you could offer it on a track per track basis or full ablums. And for the album, you get a zip file with all inlays and booklet.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot