aaa YAMAHA_FS1R - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: YAMAHA_FS1R

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Aug-06  @  01:54 PM   -   YAMAHA_FS1R      [Link: Yamaha - FS1R]

basslife02

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi...i have just purchased an FSR1 but im new to hardware synths and im having trouble rigging it up to cubase sx3

i can play it from my midi keyboard via midi out of controller to midi in on synth..but when i record a midi file in a midi track in the sequencer i cannot get the synth to play back whatever way i try to juggle the midi leads i can't seem to get it too work.. I have an M-audio omnistudio soundcard which i have the synth running into..

what midi leads to i have to plug in and out so that i can control the synth via the sequencer?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-Aug-06  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA_FS1R

Moujik

Link?: Link

The set-up will depend on what you want connected all at the same time; do you need to be able to record MIDI from the FS1R ? (I don't remember if it has any knobs etc).

To just play the synth from the sequencer, you should just be able to connect the Soundcard MIDI out to the FS1R MIDI in.

Nice piece BTW... been after one myself for a while.

Message 3/5             23-Aug-06  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA_FS1R

thushara

cheers Moujik, i have just registered my username so its the same guy who posted question

I want to be able to play the synth from my keyboard controller aswell as being able to trigger from the sequencer

if i have midi out of soundcard to midi in of synth how can i control it via my keyboard aswell? Do i have to reconnect the keyboard everytime i want to play the instrument and then connect up the sequencer to play from the sequencer?

Message 4/5             23-Aug-06  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA_FS1R

Moujik

No, you definately shouldn't need to do that

Ok:

Keyboard MIDI out > Soundcard MIDI in

Soundcard MIDI out > FS1R MIDI in

Your sequencer should act as a MIDI through allowing you to play the synth; at the same time you should be able to record MIDI from the keyboard to play back through your FS1R, softsynth or whatever.

If you wanted to connect all the ins & outs at the same time i.e if your MIDI keyboard has sounds on it, you might be better off buying a separate interface with more ins & outs.

Message 5/5             23-Aug-06  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA_FS1R

k

Link?:  Link

yeah.... select a midi track... set it's INPUT to the soundcard midi IN port listed

set the output to the soundcard midi output

connect keyboard midi OUT to midi IN on soundcard

connect yamaha midi IN to midi OUT from soundcard

assign sound to channel 1 on yamaha

assgn channel on cubase selected midi track to same channel number as yamaha sound

play keyboard... yamaha should trigger

record.... (from keyboard as you hear the yamaha)

playback and recorded midi is already routed to yamaha and it should play the recorded midi

leave them both plugged in

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot