aaa New track - rock - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New track - rock

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             12-Sep-06  @  05:39 PM   -   New track - rock

info

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

yeah, anyone into some rock stuff?... here's some stuff we're working on, 1st draft backing mix

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACFAF55892761.mp3&dt_track_id=12119

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             13-Sep-06  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

nutoniom

sounds very good, lovely licks. It's also well balanced imo, lots of space for her to scream her tits out.

ps: am i hallucinating, i swear i can here her say fuck, at the beginning

Message 3/11             13-Sep-06  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

Rags .aka. Welder

Some guitar channels might overload a bit but (it clicks and pops here and there) ... great stuff! Can't wait to hear the vocals ;-)

Drums sound great in isolation, but they are a bit thin-sounding together with the rest. Well, at least it sounds like that on my AKG K171.

Message 4/11             13-Sep-06  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

k

Link?:  Link

heh, the drummer migth have said fuck..... ewww

yeah the drums were very poor quality cheap kit, shame, but the drummer is Spanish and hasn't imported any of her kits yet to the UK

it's only a backing mix tho, i'm gonna try to bring the drums out a tad more, but i'm happy with the overall kit ambience tho, overheads etc, it sounds full but not harsh and it is sposed to be garage style, i find alot of rock is just so clinicaly recorded nowadays which is why i kinda like wolfmother even tho it's obvious the label went for a total ACDC/ZEP/WHO sound. In a way it's too perfectly retro

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/11             14-Sep-06  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

Maarten

Yup, think this is pretty cool. Drums do sound faint and distant indeed.

Message 6/11             22-Sep-06  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

k

ok, hotter drums.. different track. this one is 3/4 done, needs some guitar parts and bass to be redone plus some vocal work and additions before final mix

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF1B439603061.mp3&dt_track_id=12237

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/11             22-Sep-06  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

milan

mm... second track sounds almost too nice for that style (IMHO, innit). i would like at least the vocs to be filthier! more midrange, less highs!!

if everything was dirtier it would have been my kind of music once upon the time, which is scary. and i laughed like hell when i heard the guitars on the first one! : ))

anyway, glad you got signed. good luck!

Message 8/11             22-Sep-06  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

nutoniom

I have to agree with milan on the vocal, besides i don'y like the long decay verb on the la la la part in the beginnig. Otherwise it's lovely  

Message 9/11             22-Sep-06  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

k

it aint signed (where did u get that from?) - delays etc are not finished, that's a ruff mix although the overall balance is almost there, but yeah, i aint setup the delay timing etc

Message 10/11             22-Sep-06  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

milan

oh sorry... you were talking about another band, didnt get that.  

Message 11/11             23-Sep-06  @  06:12 PM     Edit: 23-Sep-06  |  06:12 PM   -   RE: New track - rock

Rags .aka. Welder

Great track, panning is a bit awkward, but I guess because this is not the final version...

is this the same drumkit? Definetly much better, now the snare sound seems to be the weakest link...

I think the vocals are fine, it's just that that the vocal is more or less in the same spectrum as the main guitar riff, and so the midrange is getting crowded. But I don't know shit about rock'n'roll so don't listen to me.

(If - however - the group ever feels the need to have a fucked-up elecrtonic remix, you know where to find me)

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot