aaa Saffire / Saffire LE - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Saffire / Saffire LE

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Sep-06  @  10:09 PM   -   Saffire / Saffire LE

woxy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

anyone else got a focusrite saffire or saffire le soundcard?

i've just got one and it makes one HELL of a click when it powers up. i'm just using the power through my 6-pin firewire (Best Ports Connection Firecard PCI card from turnkey) so every time i boot up my computer it clicks really loudly as the soundcard it powers up - - even with the monitor + headphone outputs on the hardware box turned down.

do other soundcards do this when they boot up?? - even with the output volume turned down on the box? my old hoontech c-port or m-audio audiophile never did this??

cheers
woxy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Sep-06  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Saffire / Saffire LE

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

it's not the best for that to happen, and i have no idea if it's a er... 'feature' (as they say), but you should always have the monitors off when powering your system up anyways as a good practice habit

it's a new-sih product tho so there should be some info around on this if it's a common problem

actualy, my hoontech (cport older model) would make a scratching/screech noise when powering down sometimes, but yours never did.... oh well, so it goes  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)