aaa NewTune-Waveshaper - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: NewTune-Waveshaper

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Sep-06  @  08:08 PM   -   NewTune-Waveshaper

quercus1390

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello to all at 7161
Haven't posted anything in ages,but here's a new psy tune called waveshaper.It's got a downbeat outro that might go on a bit to long for some folks liking,but I get bored of full on stuff for the whole 7 minutes.
Any feedback/advice would be welcome.

H.G.............

Waveshaper

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             26-Sep-06  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: NewTune-Waveshaper

k

Link?:  Link

classic intro great bass beat & dub bass, i'd perhaps like to hear a more exciting & defined transition into the stepper beat @ 1:50 via some sort of crescendo, y'know, something that anticipates that release point much more.

the dx 'solid bass'-y 16th bassline i like too with the building accompanying synth which rises all the way to the break.

All the ambient fx i like alot, perhaps some additional panning fx in that layer of content might be effective, the end section with the vocals is great, in fact that crescendo at the end sounds more like it should be somewhere at the beginning, you can just kinda feel if it busted into that stepper beat with the vocal and just took you away.. also some stereo widening on some stuff would be awesome the mix is rather centered..

i like all the bits & sections, it's good stuff, but to me the flow aint quite right somehow on this one in terms of the linear arrangement.. like that breakdown at 150, alhtough the beat picks up, the top end synth goes way

great vocal too, all the bitz are there, so not sure why i'm therefore somehow not feeling it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             26-Sep-06  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: NewTune-Waveshaper

quercus1390

Cheers for the feedback
lots of useful suggestions!
I agree that the arrangement aint quite right yet and youre point about stereo widening is a good one.
Back to the drawing board with this me thinks
thanks again.........H.G

Message 4/6             26-Sep-06  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: NewTune-Waveshaper

k

well i dunno about 'drawing board'.... not that much

actualy i was messing with it in SX last night just for a laugh, and by using a multiband comp and messing with the attack time & level of the bands i found a nice fizzy snare in the dubstep section which I didnt notice in the regular mix eq

what speakers u using mate?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             26-Sep-06  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: NewTune-Waveshaper

quercus1390

Tannoy Reveals,but I've been thinking of up-grading,any suggestions?

Message 6/6             26-Sep-06  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: NewTune-Waveshaper

k

no no, they are fine, i just wondered thats all, the balance is good

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)