aaa comments welcome on remix - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: comments welcome on remix

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             28-Sep-06  @  05:02 PM   -   comments welcome on remix

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hi again, didnt get any feedback on original version of angelic overwind! done a remix which im much happier with, hope you guys like this version. any comments, constuctive or negative, would be gratefully recieved. thanks . dave.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             28-Sep-06  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: comments welcome on remix

k

shit!... that's odd, you didnt get any comments...... Ok, i'm gonna listen to the original first

the brass is great, very Blood Sweat & Tears or Marsellis or Miles or whatever, jazzy without showing off... is that a sample from somewhere?

version 2, the brass intro is louder... I like em both, wouldn't say one was 'better' than the other, i think V2 things are more defined in the mix, which I cant say is 'better' to my ears, like the 16th riffy guitar picky thing, i kinda liked it just as much when it was more subtle, in fact i think i liked it more when it was less featured

good groove too... overall it's bloody great music!.. really musical, but also groovy  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             28-Sep-06  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: comments welcome on remix

dave pugh

thanks k. the tumpets are a sample, cant remember where from, got so many sample disks from future/computer music, to ones ive purchased myself, delve into them now and again to get some insperation! really appreciate your kind words, thanks again . dave.

Message 4/7             29-Sep-06  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: comments welcome on remix

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Hi Dave,

I missed the original too.

Listened to both now. The second does have more clarity, and bringing out that 'groovy' (as K aptly puts it) riff does increase the 70s feel, but the first had something for being a bit blurry and not so 70s.

I was sad that the 808-ish submarine-in-a-cathedral bup had gone. I thought that was well placed in the first. In fact I'll vote for the first largely 'cos you sacked the sub section.

Message 5/7             29-Sep-06  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: comments welcome on remix

nutoniom

It's hard to choose. I'll go with the original 'cause there is more digi-glitch critters in it. Nicely done

Message 6/7             29-Sep-06  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: comments welcome on remix

milan

hiya. i'm for the second version since it sounds better mixed... more frequencies in there etc. just wish the drums were brighter! and louder! they tend to get somewhat lost in the mix, but they should be the driving force of the track.

well thats me, i like powerful drums

otherwise nice tune like everybody else said. like the groove and the vibe, bigup!

Message 7/7             29-Sep-06  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: comments welcome on remix

dave pugh

thankyou for all your kind comments. i prefer version 2 personally, i think its a better intro and has more clarity!. the sound effect samples began to grate with me at the start of the original, im glad you all enjoyed it, have a new track called beyond the skyline which im working on at the moment, will be uploading it soon, as usual would really appreciate any feedback, thanks again. dave.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)