aaa New track from Musineer - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New track from Musineer

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Oct-06  @  04:58 PM   -   New track from Musineer

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

'Notion'

Of the Beer..., Bouncy Dub, Momen Tout ilk.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             27-Oct-06  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: New track from Musineer

Bluescreen

Very nice and diversified rhythms. Unobtrusive arrangement, not too crowded with sounds.
Did you think about a singer eventually ? Might be nice.

Message 3/4             27-Oct-06  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: New track from Musineer

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, nice bit of bouncy dub

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             28-Oct-06  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: New track from Musineer

Musineer Productions

Thanks for the comments. (The missus tells me I'm too sensitive about the word 'nice' so I'll not mention it, other than this that is)

Hmmm, singing. Problem is I don't really like my tone. It's ok for the up-close and intense compressed-type stuff, but not so effective at much else.

I've got one from this solstice called Arbor Low that has some vocals, but they're fairly soaked with effects. There's an unfinished one called 'Fight fight fight' that I've been prodding recently - still life in it - which has energy and vocals, so I might finish that next.

There are some band-style 'songs' with vocals in the Musineer archives, far far back on the shelf, but they don't really sound right as all-electronic (and there aren't many suitable musos in these parts to work on a live mix), and I'm just not happy with my ability to deliver the lines as I know they should be delivered.

I even roped the missus in on one once - she has quite a good tone but giggles too much in front of a mic.

Sounscaping seems so much more creative and precise. But then again, a good old verse/chorus composition can be powerful too. Samples of voices have worked ok for me - tried to clear an Ivor Cutler clip once but he wouldn't allow it. Sampled a DJ who interviewed me on radio once, and used his voice as a sort of instrument over a fairly weird piece, which came out ok. Used the cat too, and loads of other animal noises, but just don't like my own voice much.

Are you offering?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)