aaa Newbie Supernova 2 Rack Midi queries - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Newbie Supernova 2 Rack Midi queries

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             06-Nov-06  @  10:08 PM   -   Newbie Supernova 2 Rack Midi queries

NorthernStar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi folks
first of all what a great site!!.
I have been slowly building my home studio and have recently purchased my supernova 2 rack OS 3.
I cant seem to trigger sounds. My midi is connected correctly as i have heard on a few occasions sound output but was horrendously distorted. I test the audio (find) and it sounds clear as day.

I can trigger other synths from these cables /channels ...what am i doing wrong????

When i select which midi channel and set the pattern i want to use and then choose another with a differnt setting when i return to say, midi channel 1 on the rack its changed again!. Do i have to "write every selection?"

I want to get to grips with this synth deperatly and trying not to get frustrated. Im using Cubase SX3.
I want to use it as multi timbral.

Also can anyone tell me if there is an sx3 xml panel made up for this yet?

Please help. I have read the manual and im lost.

All Help or Tips Greatly Aprecited
Thanks in Advance

AMD 3400+
SX3
SB Audigy Pro Platinum
OB12
Korg EMX-1
Supernava 2 Rack
Midi Sport 2x2
Roland DM-10
Berhinger 4 Track Mixer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             19-Jun-07  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Newbie Supernova 2 Rack Midi queries

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hmm some where in there is a multi program made up which alows you to set up all 8 parts
seperatly, have a look for it, cause whats happening is a midi thing where the master midi
channel is midi 1 and so is the first part which means every time you change a sound it changes
your changes,

Look for a preset in performance mode somewhere around bank A 127 which should be a multi
part performance set to a different midi channel for each part 1-8.

If not refer to the manuel and learn to create a multi part performance and save several into
different memory slots, this may need you to turn off either the local midi which triggers the
control panel, so you can make changes whithout changeing each part all at once, god i
remember learning mine its a bit of a pig, also you will need to turn local midi back on,

An alternative is to reset the whole machine so it goes back to factory settings, then find the
multi part performance, and go from there,

Good luck
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)