aaa **Only Hardware Synth Track** - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: **Only Hardware Synth Track**

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             27-Nov-06  @  04:21 PM   -   **Only Hardware Synth Track**

LeWelsch

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hardware Synths in "Hereos Of Calimba"

JP-8080
TX81Z
Wavestation SR
MAM MB-33
Drumstation
Procussion

Any Comments are Welcome or

http://www.7161.com/users/LeWelsch/index.cfm?loader=3

Thanks in Advance

LeWelsch

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             27-Nov-06  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: **Only Hardware Synth Track**

k

mate, your web address is:

http://www.7161.com/~LeWelsch

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             30-Nov-06  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: **Only Hardware Synth Track**

k

well it's ok, i like the additional stuff over the top, the pads swelling and fading etc and the other sounds... the actual main calimba riff isnt that interesting tho with the beat which goes with it, it's quite a square beat without too much interesting rhythm... perhaps i'd like to hear some alternative time signatures overlayed or some more interesting arpeggiations

but overall it's a decent bit of music, it's well mixed and balanced (you've got that part down ok), but it sounds sort of 'kraftwerk-y' in terms of the style... I think it'd be way more interesting of the drums were much more tribal sounding rather than that semi 'kraftwerky' square beat thing.. but hey, that's my personal taste.. calimba and tribal drumming sounds perhaps?, i dunno what it is for me, perhaps cos everything is on a 4/4 square beat placement it's not quite floating my boat?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             30-Nov-06  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: **Only Hardware Synth Track**

k

btw, i listened to some of your other stuff, are you doing all this one some sort of workstation synth?

i think you have some good ideas, but perhaps 2 things

1. let go of any more 'musiciany' ideas you have and go with the feel more, both in terms of the sounds and timings

2. dont be afraid to push things and get sounds more dirty and pumping, mixes are very clean and if anything a bit scooped out (lowered midrange), but things are very clean, too clean if anything

you got some good ideas, good balance overall in the mix but things sound just a tad 'normal' if you get me?.... alot of that could be if the whole thing is done in a workstation style synth... the house-y track for example is let down by the bassline which is way too clean and 'sample' sounding, the drums are ok, but again a bit clean and lacking drive (imo) - same with that beyonce sample thing, the kik is a bit weak and the whole groove is lacking grit and drive and grunge plus some of those skip sub-beats seem out of time feel-wise (it's the last kik-drum in that cluster) - remember, mixes dont need to have everything sounding clean and clear and visible.

Message 5/5             02-Dec-06  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: **Only Hardware Synth Track**

urbicide

Link?:  No link

I wonder why u title yer topic 'Hardware synth only' ?

let the music speak itself. the gear don't matter.

u have some ideas and this is more of a visual type of music or background type.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot